Did Somebody Say Baby?

Chris

Liyah's been in labor for the last 7 hours, in there hollering and screaming about any and everything. She wasn't like this with CJ, or was she? I remember getting a call from my Mama because I was on a business trip.

"Christopher, don't be scared to be in there." Mrs. Haughton said walking out of the room.

"Mrs. Haughton it's war in there." I said as she chuckled.

"It would be best for you to be in there though Christopher." She said delicately. Now I see where Liyah gets her calm, peacemaking traits from. Her mother, but she could be stubborn sometimes. She was right,I never was there to witness the birth of CJ and I ain't know Ciara was here until her mom called me a week later telling me.

"Come on. I'll be right there with you." Mrs. Haughton said before grabbing my arm. I was hesitant but then decided to man up and be in there with Liyah.

"Chris, this is all your fault!" Liyah shouted at me. Why do females always blame us men for them being pregnant. Like it ain't just me, it was her too.

"Liyah baby calm down." Mama said. "Chris." Mama called me over. I grabbed Liyah's hand and pushed the hair that was in her face out of the way.

"Relax baby. I know you're in pain, but I'm here with you." I said to her.

*

5 Hours Later

Liyah finally calmed down after they gave her an epidural. I'll be glad when this baby is here so I can stop hearing her complain. It ain't like Liyah to be doing all this.

"On 3 I want you to give me a big push." The doctor said. It's disgusting how a baby can just pop out of a woman like that. I don't think I want to have sex for a while anymore. Give it like 2 years. As Liyah pushed the baby out, they asked me to cut the chord.

"Congratulations to you both, you have a healthy baby boy!" The doctor smiled. Another boy like I said. Looks like I'm right. Again.

"You got what you wanted." Liyah said breathless.

"I would've been fine with either one." I said kissing her forehead.

"I'm tired." She said.

"Then go to sleep baby. I'll be right here when you wake up." I said as I watched them take my newborn son out the room.

*******

Aaliyah

Next Day

I sat there watching Chris hold Maurice. I knew he would love that name. It was so cute watching Chris doing his little talks he do all the time.

"You know you got a good Daddy and a great, beautiful woman for a mother." He said. "I would never give this life up. This is far from what I expected in life." Then Chris looked up at me. "Hey beautiful. How you feeling?"

"I'm sore. This bed is uncomfortable." I said as he looked down at me.

"You'll be outta here in no time." He said handing Maurice to me and then pecking my lips multiple times.

"She already had the baby, you tryna give her another one?" Keri said walking in with Trey and the kids. "Hey girl!" She said as she came and hugged me and then took Maurice from me. "He's so adorable."

"I know. He looks just like Chris when Chris was a baby."

"Hey Liyah." Trey came over and kissed my forehead.

"Hey Tremaine." I looked at him. He hates when I say his government name all the time.

"Our babies are only 4 days apart but your's is much more special because he came on Mother's Day." Keri cooed.

"12 hours of pain on Mother's Day unlike CJ who was like 17 or 18 hours."

"Little dude ain't wanna come out." Trey said.

"I felt like I was fenna pass out from the sight. Baby you sure you're okay?" Chris asked making me laugh. His first witness of child birth.

"Come take a walk." Trey said laughing pulling Chris out with him.

Me and Keri did a little chit chatting and just talked about the kids until her and Trey had to leave. God I can't wait to be back home.