The Rebound

Iggy's POV:

Whilst i waited for Nick to come back i sang some songs. Some nurses and Doctors kept peaking through the window but some even came in and said that my voice is gorgeous and so is my accent. I obviously thanked them. I promised Izzy to sing her to sleep one day...

****

(An hour later)

Nick came in, "what took you so long?" I asked. He came in with three bags: one big sports one and 2 plastic bags. He put them down and sat down on the chair. "Ooo whatcha got?" I started peeking through the bags.

"Sorry i had to go to the shops and then Simon caught me slipping in and out of your dressing room with cushions in my hand, he couldnt stop laughing!" He statred laughing himself. But then he looked at Izzy, "Any luck?"

"Noo... But i have a feeling she's getting better" i gave him a smile. In the bags he had: some cushions, blankets, sandwiches,drinks,snacks and he even bought some cards for us to play! "Aww sweetie! I love playing cards! Me, my mom and my sister used to play all the time!" He lifted his hand forward, i grabbed it and he helped me up on the chair.

We spent a few minutes in silence holding hands and just listening to the machines and to the heart 'beeps' every 3 seconds. "Do you think she'll wake up?" I didnt look him in the eyes when i said that, but i squeezed his hand a little.

"Of course, look if she doesnt wake up tonight then she will tomorrow night i promise" he explained as he put his hand on my knee. "You know i treat Izzy like my own niece, i wouldnt just let her go..." He looked me in the eyes and i knew he truly meant it. Then he laid back, put his arm around me and covered us both with the blanket.

"I love you, thanks for doing this for me" i whispered a i put my arm on his chest,placed my head on his shoulder gently and eventually fell asleep...

****

(The next morning)

Nicks POV:

I woke up by the sound of the creaky door opening. Two girls walked in, but Iggy was still asleep on my shoulder.

Kalan came in with them and whispered "how's she doing?" The two girls awkwardly sat down on the chairs beside the bed, opposite us two. I didnt know who they were but they seemed nice.

"Im guessing shes doing good. Hardly no changed though..." I answered back.

Kalan just looked at Izzy with teary eyes. I knew she couldnt live without her. I dont really blame her, eventhough i havent met her before she still meant a lot to me. Our phonecalls and skype calls were hilarious!

"Oh sorry, forgot to introduce you two! This is Beth and Zoë, two of Izzy's closest friends. Theyre lovely!" she turned to them and gave them a warm smile.

"Hi" they both said simply.

"Heyy! How ya doing?" I tried to make conversation. And it woked! We talked for a bit, simple things like 'how are you' and stuff like that. They both seem really cool.

As we were talking, Iggy started to wake up. She slowly tried to open her eyes and covered herself with the blanket even more. "Cold?" I giggled.

"A little bit. Oh heyy!" She saw Kalan, Beth and Zoë sitting on the chairs beside the bed.

I dont even know what the girls were thinking but their faces were hilarious when Iggy spoke to them! Hah! I guess im not as famous in the UK! XD.

"Hi Iggy! We both were wondering if you could just... Get in a picture with us both? Please?" Beth said sweetly. She was the most confident one.

"Of course girls! What are your names?"