lost (1)

|2.7.18|
_________________________
հɑɾժտհíթ օեҽղ թɾҽթɑɾҽտ ɑղ օɾժíղɑɾվ թҽɾտօղ օɾ ɑղ ҽ×եɾɑօɾժɾíղɑɾվ ժҽտեíղվ
Ϲ.Տ Ӏաҽíտ
C.S Lewis
_________________________

➖➖➖➖➖➰➖➖➖➖➖

C H A P T E R   O N E

~L A N D R Y~

➖➖➖➖➖➰➖➖➖➖➖

I grab my bag, hauling it over my shoulder as a pair of sunglasses and sunscreen were being juggled in my hands. I slip my shades on, shoving the sunscreen in my excuse of a purse and head out the door.

Recently, my mom and I had moved to a different state to allow me better access to attend the university I had been accepted to during therapy. At the time, I was still taking my courses in my last year of high school, dreading the end of the day where I would unfortunately walk through the doors of what you could call hell.

To say I was excited was an understatement. I could be blunt and say I've been waiting forever to get out of high school, but I would just be exaggerating the time.

Honestly, high school wasn't so bad. The only moment where I wish the minutes would go by faster were the last couple of months of senior year.

However, I was still taking my time to relish the last day I had till my personal first day of college.

I drove quickly to the pool, opening the gate and walking across the neatly placed pavers with my sandals on. I leave my cover up tied and sit on a chair, taking out my phone and checking my messages.

When I see nothing on there, I shrug, about to press home button before my finger slips, clicking a notification for Flappy Bird. Being the easily distracted person I am, I start playing, totally ignoring the fact I was at a relaxing pool.

"Can I sit here please?" I turn my head and see a young boy, about six, looking up at me with his brown eyes, brown hair flopping over them slightly.

I smile and pat the chair next to me. "Sure." He smiles back widely and hauls himself on the chair, swinging his legs over the side and leaning his head on his hand, looking at my phone.

"What are you playing?" I raise my eyebrows and turn the phone so he can see.

"A game."

He giggles. "What type of game silly."

I smile back and hand him my phone. "Flappy Bird, want to try?" He nods and takes the phone, tapping the phone unknowingly. After he starts the game, he lets go and the bird falls right away.

I laugh and he looks up at me and pouts. "I don't know how to play.." I take the phone with one hand and motion for him to give me his.

"Let me see your hand."

He obeys and I take it in my palm. "Ok, now hold out one finger." The boy pops his index finger out and I start tapping the screen, the bird going through nine tubes before it hits the top.

He gasps and jumps off the chair. "I got six! I got six!" I show him the screen.

"Actually you got nine."