cold (9)

|3.20.18|
____________________
ᗯᕼiᒪe ᔕeekiᑎg ᖇeᐯeᑎge, ᗪig tᗯo gᖇᗩᐯeᔕ- oᑎe ᖴoᖇ yoᑌᖇᔕeᒪᖴ
__________________

➖➖➖➖➖➰➖➖➖➖➖

C H A P T E R   N I N E

~W A R R E N~

➖➖➖➖➖➰➖➖➖➖➖

Previously:

His eyes soften and he leans forward, kissing my hair. I freeze in surprise, lips parted slightly.

He smiles in response and turns to the door, looking back at me.

"I help you, you help me. I'm glad I had someone to fight for today."

I smile and shake my head. "Cheesy."

He winks. "You love it." He retorts before walking out of the door, leaving me in another train of thought.

XxXxXxX

I sigh, walking away from Landry's house, sticking my hands in my pockets.

Shaking my head, I look around at my dark surroundings, really hoping I can get to Dean's place faster.

My mind trails off to Landry, her hazel eyes staring back at me, lips parted when I kissed her hair.

She does something to me, I can't explain. I'm not going to say I'm in love, definitely not, but I do love hanging out with her.

Fighting while protecting her made what I do a little worth it.

Great mindset, get yourself in trouble just because you like keeping a girl safe.

However, I wouldn't consider Landry a normal girl. I know she's hiding something, and if she doesn't know it now, she'll know soon.

I turn a corner, a cool breeze running through my hair. I push it back and sigh again, quickening up my pace.

I furrow my eyebrows and think back to the picture I last saw in Landry's bedroom. A wave of recognition hits me for a second before it goes away.

I've seen that man before. And why Landry doesn't know who that person is is beyond me.

I go into a quick jog, turning multiple corners and crossing streets till I get to Dean's small neighborhood, slightly fallen apart apartments buildings towering over my head.

I walk in quickly and run up the stairs, knocking on his door once I reach his complex.

A faint 'come in' sounds from the opposite side of the door and I walk in to see Dean wiping his hands, his cuts cleaned up a bit.

He smirked at me and I furrow my eyebrows. "You're girl clean you up?"

I freeze and stare daggers at him, and he just shrugs, turning and grabbing my keys.

"Where to lover boy?"

I growl slightly and he raises his hands up in surrender. "Down boy."