peachy (13)

|3.29.18|
__________________________
fяιєи∂ѕ αяє ¢нσѕєи fαмιℓу
__________________

➖➖➖➖➖➰➖➖➖➖➖

C H A P T E R   T H I R T E E N

~W A R R E N~

➖➖➖➖➖➰➖➖➖➖➖

Previously:

Warren falters slightly and glares at his ice cream.

"Yeah, so do we kill him? Revenge?"

"Black would get revenge. Not by us killing him."

"But if we have to?"

A silence passes over as the footsteps get farther away from us.

"Yes, if we have to." We hear the raspy voice, Ralph, respond, walking away from us and our now fearful thoughts.

XxXxXxX

Rage consumes me as I grip the ice cream spoon. I feel a hand grasp over my right fist and I flinch. Looking up, I see a sympathetic look on everyone's faces as they look down, Landry the only one looking up and meeting my eyes.

She purses her lips and squeezes my hand, and it's until then I realize she was the one with her hand on mine. I turn my hand and play with her fingers, thinking silently.

Standing up suddenly, everyone jerks their heads in my direction. I clench my jaw, the ticking of it the only sound breaking the heated silence.

"I'm going to see him." I look down to everyone and sigh, nodding my head as I give a quiet goodbye and start walking home for my car. My brothers hospital where he was staying was a far drive, and my chances making it alive walking there on the highway were slim.

I feel a presence next to me and I look down, Landry's hazel eyes meeting mine. "I'm coming with you." She breathes out. I shake my head and she glares, keeping an easy pace with me.

"I'm not taking no for an answer Warren. I'm here for you. I help you, you help me, remember?" My lips tug at the corners slightly as she restates our small deal, sighing and raising my eyebrows at her.

"Fine." She smiles widely and keeps pace with me, turning back to our previous table. "Cami, go home I'll be back as soon as I can." Landry calls out. Cami reluctantly nods and grabs Dean's hand, dragging him to her car.

I chuckle at Landry's demanding tone and keep walking to my house. "You do realize you lost your car right?" Landry reminds me. I cuss and rub my face. "Shit you're right, I can go over to Ralph's real quick? It isn't too far from here and he isn't there. The man just had an ice cream party for goodness sake."

Landry rolls her eyes. "You are the dumbest person I've ever met. Come on, let's go back to my house and get my car. Yours is as good as gone with that man basically holding it in safe keeping. I bet you even if we did manage to get the car there would be a bomb in it or something."

I laugh slightly. "A bomb? I was thinking along the lines of a friendly 'Welcome to your car' card. Just to show the absolute friendliness of that man."

Landry snickers and I smile slightly. "So, anything I should be prepared for with meeting your brother?" I tense slightly at her words and look through the corner of my eye to see her frown. She puts a hand on my cheek and I look down.

"I'm sorry if that bothered you." She whispers out guiltily. I purse my lips and take her hand, rubbing my thumb across the front. "No, Nothing is wrong with that question. Just thinking about him being in danger.." I frown at the thought and shake my head. "My brother is a little... insane. Being in a hospital bed for half a year doesn't help either."