Chapter 6: Iced Teas and Lemonades

//Edited//

~December 16, 2015~

Shawn's POV

 "Hi sugar, what can I get ya?" A woman with fire red hair pinned up in a bun, asked me.

"Just an iced tea." I smile, closing the menu and handing it back to her. She smiled and walked off back to the kitchen. My phone buzzed and a text from Kerstein popped up.

'From: The Bride of Frankenstein

Hey boo. How is Florida? Skype me sometime so I can have you see the family again! Oh and btdubs Chery got a perm.'

I giggled at Kerstein and pressed the skype app on my laptop after locking my phone. All of the sudden 'Bride_of_Frankenstein' popped up and I accepted the call.

"Very funny." Kerstein answered with an eyeroll at my creative name.

"Yep! It is also your contact name in my phone. Anyway I want to say hi to everyone!" I squeal as more people pop into view. I know almost none of their names but I know their faces if that makes sense.

"Hey everyone." I smile and look up as my iced tea is set in front of me.

"HI SHAWN!!!" Everybody says in return. As we continue to talk I can't help but tune out every once in awhile. So many thoughts running through my head and there is only one that bothers me the most.

"Hey guys I have to go but it was nice talking to you again." I wave and hang up before they could protest. I looked at my call history and scrolled down quite a bit and when I finally found it I frowned a bit.

'LAST CALL FROM: Noah

May 29, 2012 16:29'

I pressed the green button next to his name and waited for his voice to comfort me. Usually he picks up right away but this time it kept ringing. Finally something I rarely used with him came on. It made me smile because he made me do it with him.

'Hey this is Noah and my beloved girlfriend Shawn. If you get this we are together and I don't want to listen to you so leave a message and whenever I am not with Shawn, which won't be for a long time, is when I'll get back to you.'

"Hey babe it is your girlfriend so you better call me back. Listen I know there is time difference and shit but I miss you. They said you could come fly out and see me and so what better time than my first concert. Just get back to me asap. Love you!" I smile and hang up, throwing my phone next to me on the table.

People were scattered around the small place. Kids giggling and laughing like kids should be. Adults smiling and talking with each other. And family's just enjoying each other presences.

I wonder what this is like during school. I got up and headed outside to walk to a nearby park. My phone rang and an unknown number appeared.

"Hello?" I asked looking both ways before crossing the street.

"Hi! Is this Shawn?" A girl asked.

"Maybe. Depends on who is calling." I smile sitting on the edge of a fountain that was located in the middle of the park.

"This is Eleanor and Dani. We are Louis and Liam's girlfriends and Simon wanted us to hang out and meet you before the lads do. So we're at the beach, would you care to join?" I am guessing Eleanor asked.

"Uh are you sure you don't mind?" I asked moving my hand around in the fountain water.

"No we actually would love to have you." She laughed.

"Ok well what beach are you at?" I asked standing up and heading towards the hotel Lucana, Whitmore, Jon, and I were staying at.

"I think one by hotel Mandarin Oriental." Dani shouted.

"Oh that's where I am staying at. I'll be there in an hour." I said hanging up and running into the hotel. The elevator was down so looks like my calves will be stronger by the time I get up to my room. I went to the stairs and ran up to the eighth floor. The hotel door was locked and I forgot my key so guess I was waiting. A few minutes later the door opened and Jon came out.

"Why didn't you knock?" He laughed holding the door for me. I rolled my eyes and took his key card so I would have one. He walked out of the room as I ran into my own room to get ready.

I had two swimsuits and one I wasn't sure about so I chose my 'safe' one. This one was a white and light blue striped waved tankini and black bikini bottoms. I slipped my calypso silk cover up and black flip flops on with my floppy black sun hat on my head. There was a knock on the door and then Lucana walked in smiling.

"Oh you look cute. Jon was worried and wanted me to come and check up on you because he said you aren't yourself." She frowned.

"He shouldn't be. There is a surprise waiting for him in his shampoo bottles tomorrow morning. I just need to act innocent to throw him off my trail." I grinned grabbing my 'Take Me To The Beach' tote bag and my Hollywood white sunglasses.

"I might be late for dinner." I waved running out of my room and the hotel room. The elevator had been fixed in the time it took me to get ready so I rode down in the silent machine.

Once the doors slid open I went out the back door and walked over to the ocean. It was practically empty except for a few people. Two girl laid down on the sand laughing and talking. I knew them from this far away so I just jogged over.

"Are you Shawn?" Dani asked standing up.

"Yep!!" I smiled hugging her.

"Oh I want a hug!!" El squealed getting up and hugging me.

"Hi." I giggled.

"Gosh I love your outfit." Eleanor smiled.

"Well thanks." I smiled laying my stuff down and shoving my cover up and sunhat in my bag. The girls ditched their cover ups as well so we could hit the water. As we walked to the water I was rammed into and pushed to the ground by some dimwit. Dani gasped and El helped me up as two guys helped the other guy up.

"I am so sorry." The guy said helping me up as well. I looked up into the brown eyes and smiled.

"Your fine." I grinned as Dani, El, and I turned and walked to the water. We stepped in and walked out a bit before El yelped and ran onto the sand again.

"It is so cold." She shivered as Dani and I broke into fits of giggles. It was pretty cold but I am used to the cold.

"How about we just stay on the sand and talk with lemonade in hands?" Dani asks looking at us.

"Sounds peachy fine to me." I wink at the end making them laugh.

Dani and I walked out of the water and joined El in going to the outside bar. The guy that had knocked me over was there along with his two friends.

"Can we buy three pretty ladies three drinks?" One of the friends asked flirtily.

"These two ladies are taken." El smiled.

"Actually three." I smiled sheepishly. The girls turned to me with raised eyebrows.

"But since you did knock me over that is fine with me." I smiled as us three girls talked with the three guys who were actually nice. If this is what guys in Florida are like I am coming here more often.

------------------------------

Video:  'Starships'~Nicki Minaj