Nu'Fifteen: Dongho wants...

"Why can't I have that teddy bear, Grandma?"

My little self once asked. My grandma smiled warmly at me, she gently comb my smooth black hair using her fingers and said,

"It's not yet the time."

That's what she always tell me when I want something. My grandma is the sweetest thing happened to me. She's not my family. I am not her real family. She's living alone with a small house near the shore. She's alone and lonely, and it's wonderful how I lost and found her place. From there, I saw the real essence of family. I saw how simple things can make us happy... without luxury and extravagant things.

But me being the daughter of a businessman tends to miss the expensive foods and perfumes, always wanting for more that even grandma hates. She always shook her head and tells me that it's not yet the time.

When's the time?

I'll be turning thirteen next month. Will I like the teddy bear up until then?

But that's it... will I be able to like it later?

Maybe I'm turning older because I can understand what my grandma is trying to tell me.

It's not about what I want. It's about what I need. Need and want has a very different meaning and grandma wants me to teach how to value things that I have now and to not ask for more.

To just simply appreciate every little things.

I smiled, thinking how lucky I am to be able to meet her. When was the last time I felt the love when I'm still in our house? I can't remember. My family is always busy. My relatives were not really fond of me because they treat me as a competitor for being a heir. They wanted all the money and businesses that my father owned. They want me gone but can't do anything because they are somehow affraid of my father. They can't get rid of me because I'm still his daughter.

My mom is... well, happy with all her luxurious things that I was being neglected. She suddenly feels that she's once a teenager again because she forgot that she has responsibilities as a mother.

And when I walked away, what did they tell me? That I am a failure and a disrespectful daughter.

They just watched me walk away, not minding to try stopping me. They just... stare with angered eyes.

"Condolence."

I nodded as someone tapped me in my shoulder. I smiled weakly at the couple who's a close friend of my grandma.

I roamed my eyes to the surroundings, wishing to see a familiar face. My grandma showed me their faces and I already left them a message to inform them that she's... gone now.

My shoulder sagged. They are still not here.

My only wish for my grandma is to see her granddaughters and grandsons. For the last time.

"Hey."

I look up to see the guy wearing a sad smile. I returned him the smile with a disappointed look. He shook his head and make me lean my head to his shoulder.

"You need to take a rest."
"I should talk to them when they arrive. I have.... many things to say to them."
"But you need sleep."
I shook my head. His laugh vibrated as I lean more to him.
"So stubborn."
"Thank you... thank you Dongho."
He slowly pulled out with my embrace and cuffed my chin to make me look at him.
"You know I'll always do anything to make you fine. I'll make sure you are not alone. I'm with you."
"I know.. that's why I'm happy. Even if-"
"Shh. I don't want to hear it. I'm happy too."