Chapter Eleven: Eatin' Good

*Chapter Eleven: Eatin' Good*

[Andrea's POV]

I finally get to use my Marlin 1895G. I've practiced my aim at Sarah's house a few times, but now I get the chance to kill something. I packed everything I needed. I brought stuff downstairs as I packed to make it a bit easier. I finally was able to sit down for a while. I sat next to Mitch on the love seat. Sarah was snuggled up with Jerome. They've been dating for about 2 weeks now. I looked at the time.

"Hey, Sarah! We should be heading out now. Don't want to be late." I said.

"You're right. Hold on one second." She said. I kissed Mitch and said goodbye. He wished me luck. I walked out putting everything in my truck. I was eventually able to get one. I loved it, it was my baby. Sarah climbed in the passenger seat. We had to stop by her house to get her things. This weekend was going to be wonderful.

We arrived at the place we were staying. It was a house that Sarah's family owned in the middle of the woods. We set everything up inside. It was late at night so we went to bed.

I woke up refreshed for once. I was excited to go hurting after six years. I said bye to Sarah and went off. We were going to different stands today. I looked around a couple stands to see if there were any recent activites. I finally found one after a while. I set up and waited. Waiting and silence is key for hunting. I really didn't see anything that day. Only a doe and some fawns. I got back to find Sarah in the same situation. I felt good about tomorrow while going to see. I was also cold. I missed Mitch by my side. I'm sure he missed me too. I could rarely text or call him, because I didn't have good service in the woods. I was happy when I could.

I did the same routine as I did yesterday, except Sarah and I were going together. We went to a different stand from yesterday. I had very recent tracks from bucks. We knew today was going to be good. We set up and waited. It didn't take long to see down action. I poked Sarah lightly.

"Look! There's a fight going on." I whispered.

"Don't get to see those often. You get the left, I'll get the right." She whispered back. I nodded. We aimed to fire.

"3. 2. 1. Now!" I said. Boom! Birds flew from the ground. All the other deer ran away. Two bucks lied dead on the ground.

"Score!" I yelled. We climbed out of the stand and went to the deer.

"8 pointer, you?" I asked

"Same! We eating good tonight!" She said.

"Got that right! Let's take a picture!" I said getting out my phone. I took one of her with her deer and one of me with my deer. Then one with both of the deer.

"Now, time to skin them." I said pulling out my knife. We set them up and got started. It took a while, but we eventually finished. I wanted to get my stuffed since it's my first one in a long time. Plus, I want to show it off.

I dropped Sarah at her house and was heading towards mine. I can't wait to show the guys. I pulled up and opened up the front door. Mitch ran to me and hugged me.

"Now you got to take a shower!" I said letting go of him.

"Why do I have to do? And what is that awful smell?" He asked holding his nose.

"That's deer urine. It helps to attract other deer. You put it on yourself, which is why you need to take a shower now. I still had it. Then, you hugged me causing it to get on you!" I said putting down some bags.

"Eww! Anyways how was it?" He asked.

"Wonderful, we gonna have deer burgers tonight for dinner." I said smiling.

"I'm guessing you killed one then." He said.

"Sure did, so did Sarah!" I said pulling out the head.

"Ah, that's disgusting! Put it away." He said backing up.

"Man up, you wimp! I plan to get it stuffed and hang it up!" I claimed.

I cooked up some deer burgers and everyone loved them. It's good to be back in the normal state. I took my deer head to a local place that stuffs animals. I was now laying in the couch with Mitch. Jerome was sleeping on the love seat. That silly boy. I then got a phone call.

"Hello? I said.

"Is this Andrea Aceti?" A man asked.

"Yes, it is. How may I help you?" I answered.

"You order is finished and ready to be picked up." He said.

"That's wonderful! I'll be there in a bit." I hanged up after saying that.

"Come on, Mitch. We need to go pick up a head." I said pulling him up. He laughed on what I said.

~ Time Skip: Head Place ~

[Mitch's POV]

We arrived at the building. Andrea got out like a little girl getting new Barbie dolls. I gave out a little chuckle. I love her so much. We walked in to see tons of stuffed animal heads or bodies. I was disgusted while Andrea in awe. She just stared at all the animals. I guess this was some sort of Heaven to her.

[Andrea's POV]

I had no words. Seeing all the different kinds of animals was amazing. I walked up to a man, still looking around.

"Hello, my name is John. How may I help you?" He asked.

"I'm here to pick up a order under the name of Andrea Aceti." I replied. He typed some things in the computer and left to go to the back room. He soon returned with a big box.

"I need to see your license and then you need to sign some papers." He said. I showed him my id and then signed the papers.

"Here's your new head! Have a safe evening." John said while handing me the box. We left the building.

"Need any help?" Mitch asked.

"Nah, I got it. But thanks for the offer." I said smiling.

"Anything for my baby girl!" He said. My cheeks were hot and red. I was blushing. He called me his 'baby girl'. Now, it's definitely official.

We got home in no time. I set the box in the coffee table in the living room.

"Y'ALL BETTER GET YOUR BUTTS HERE OR I'M MAKING THEM COME DOWN!" I yelled though the house. Everyone soon came down.

"What do you want want?" Adam asked annoyed.

"Well, I wanted to show you something that's important to me." I said as pulling out the deer head. I heard down wows behind me.

"Did you really kill that?" Jason asked breaking the silence.

"Sure did! There were two bucks fighting and I got the one on the left while Sarah got the one on the right. Both were 8 pointers." I claimed. I sat next to Mitch holding the head.

"Where are you gonna hang it up?" Mitch asked.

"Right there!" I said pointing above the TV.

"Great, we'll do it tomorrow. It's getting pretty late." He said while leaving to his room.