Chapter 7 : A New Year

"5-4-3-2-1 Happy New Year!" my friends and I screamed. Marquise had kissed me first and then I kissed Destinee. Alexis, Shawn, Essence, Destiny, Marquise and were chilling in my room. I didnt feel like going out tonight, so I invited them all over to spend the night and hang out.

My mom had a date and usually when she goes on a date she doesnt come back till the next morning. Nicole and Jayla were in Nicole's room watching movies and eating sweets.

"So are you guys ready for prom?" Alexis asked. "Girl yes. I already have dress picked out" Essence said. "I know what dress Im getting, I just have to get it. " This was our senior prom, we were all excited about it. That night we all talked about prom and graduation. Once it got late Alexia and Shawn went to one guest room; and Essence and Destiny went to another room. Im so glad they didnt bring their boyfriends. When Essence and Destiny get with their boyfriends, they pay no attention to others.

"Alright class, as you know prom and graduation is coming up. So that means major project time." my Human Anatomy teacher, Ms. Edwards, said. Everyone started moaning and grunting. I on other hand was pretty excited with this project. Most of the projects a

in Ms. Edwards class were group projects. It was pretty obvious who I was working with.

"I want you guys to explain this semester's work in some type of media, notes, packet, or however you want. I just want it neat and organized. I also want some type of model of any organ in a human body. This project will be due May 10. So you guys have plenty of time. I dont want any sloppy work."

After cheer practice, I went to pick Nicole and Destinee up, then took them to the park. Destinee was turning one in a month and she was walking pretty good.

As I sit and watch Nicole and Destinee play, I get a call from my mom. As I answered it, I noticed it wasnt my mom, it was the the police.