Chapter 9: I made it

It had been 5 months since my mom had died. It was time for graduation. I had my aunt and grandma there to watch Nicole and Destinee. All I thought about was all that my mother had done for me and I still couldn't believe she was gone so soon.  Before we came to the graduatiom , my grandma had given me a bracelet with a heart pendent. It had a picture of My mom holding me and Nicole when we were little. As they called names one after another I just thought about how everyday my mom work so hard to take of us.  Once graduation was over I took pictures with my grandma, my aunt, Essence, Alexis, Destiny, Keysha, Ni-Ni, Marquis, Destinee, and Nicole. This was the best day I will always remember.

Once we got done taking pictures my aunt and grandma had to drive back to Georgia. They only come down on special occasions. I told my friends that I will catch up with them later. I had to take Nicole and Destinee home. Since my mother's death, I now have legal guardianship of Nicole. But since it was summer time, she had signed up for a summer camp.  Trent and Jayla had signed up as well so she want be so lonely.

I helped her pack her clothes and I fed Jewels. Jayla's mom was actually on the way to get her and drop them both off at the camp.

Once she left I had to get Destinee to get ready to go to the babysistters. Me and my friends were going out to eat for a graduation dinner. While I got dressed, I saw Destinee getting her bag of ready so she could leave. Now that she's 2, she is doing a lot on her own. She's even potty trained.

Once we were both ready I grabbed my graduation cap and tassel. Destinee came down the stairs right behind me and we left.

It took me about 45 minutes to get to the restaurant after dropping Destinee off. I walked into a beautiful restaurant that I never been in before. It was like a classy Golden Corral. I walked in to see Destiny, Essence, Marquis, Shawn, and Alexis. We all had on our graduation caps. We were so excited, we talked about our senior year. After we ate and gave a couple of toasts, we left and went out for a nice little walk to the park we had the graduation at. It was a statue that said "C/O 2015" and it had pretty lights around it. We asked a couple of people walking by if they could take our picture in front of it. They were nice enough to do it.

_______________________________________

We all ended up crashing at my out that night. I fed Destinee and put her to sleep. We all chilled downstairs  watching movies and posting pictures on Instagram. We all ended up getting notifications from each other saying the same thing. "Bestfriend & Relationship Goals .  We made it. 6 years of friendship and now we have graduated. Love you guys " Each flipgram had us tagged in it. I could tell my mother was very proud of me. I looked at my bracelet and everyone gave me a huge hug.. "I love you mom."