Part 10:Hats

~Sans Pov

(Y/n) and I were just laying in her room. She decided not wear her mask or hood since I already saw her without it.

"Why did you ask me about the rooms being sound proof the first day?" She had an emotionless face.

"Cause I want to be able to talk once in a while," she snapped, then apologized.

"Do you remember who took you?" Bad move. She had me against the wall, her hand pressing against my chest.

"If I did, they wouldn't be alive anymore and I wouldn't be hiding myself," she said it so, cold.... Her eyes were on fire, literally. I put my hands up in defense.

"Sorry, I shouldn't have asked," she sighed, putting me down.

"I should be sorry, I should have stayed calm. I haven't been able to act myself for years. Sometimes I wish I wasn't a hybrid," she sat down on her bed, her hair covering her eyes.

"Hey, don't beat yourself up, you didn't choose this life," I sat beside her, patting her back. She then hugged me, I flinched. I hugged her back, rubbing her back.

"I probably seem weak right now huh?" I shook my head, chuckling.

"You're the bravest person I've seen, it takes a lot to actually show true feelings," she looked at me, smiling.

"Thanks, Sans, I'm glad I have someone I can be myself with," I pet her head, messing up her hair.

"I'll be here for ya, Kid," she smiled a small bit before pushing my hand away, suddenly frowning.

"Don't do that, please," her eyes became really dull. I fucked up....

"Sorry," I scratched the back of my skull, then had an idea. I put my hat on her head. Her eyes lightened up, she smiled.

"Why did ya do that?" She actually looked cute i- Whoa, where did that come from.

"Just seeing what it would look like on ya," she took it off and put it back on my skull, thinking.

"I used to have one, it belonged to my mom, but I lost it.." she thought for a moment, so did I.

"Maybe Grillby has it, he grabbed a lot of your mothers and fathers things, maybe he found the hat," she smiled, teleporting us with her red flames.

~(Y/n) Pov

We had appeared in a nice looking house. Uncle Grillby was sitting on the couch, eating cereal. He stared at us, dropping his spoon.

"Could you guys warn me next time, please?" I blushed slightly and giggled.

"Sorry, it's important, do you have Mom's old hat?" He thought, then told me to follow him. Sans and I followed him up into the attic.

"If I do, it's up here somewhere," he then left to get ready for the day, did I forget to mention he was in some Rick and Morty Pjs? Sans searched one side while I did the other.

"Sans! I found it!" I pulled out an old hat, it was (F/n).

~Sans Pov

She showed it to me, it was (F/c), like her eyes at the moment. I chuckled, my cheekbones heating up as she put it on.

"My mom wore it all the time... until she died," she mumbled the last part. Her eyes went back to their original color and we left.

____________________

Word Count:558