Part 16: Be Myself?

~(Y/n) Pov

I was actually worried about eating with the others, I mean sure we ate with our entire group. This is just the four of us at a restaurant. I couldn't really look formal, due to having to restrain my chest and hiding my freatures that would expose me. Sometimes, I hate being 'Flame' when I wanna me, (Y/n). I then heard a knock on my door. I went to the door, opening it slightly. I saw it was Sans and opened the door wider.

"You ready?" He asked me.

"I guess," I said with doubt in my voice.

"You nervous or something? It's not really that different from eating in the cafeteria," he tried to reassure me, it failed.

"Maybe for you, you don't have to wear a mask all the time and hide yourself," he mumbled something then sighed.

"I think I have an idea," I crossed my arms.

"And what could that be?" He thought for a moment.

"Maybe you don't have to hide yourself, come as (Y/n), not Flame," my eyes widen, even though he couldn't see it.

"How the hell am I supposed to do that? They know Flame is supposed to come," he came into the room, shutting the door.

"I could say that they got sick and that I decided to bring an old friend instead," I crossed my arms, no way would this work.

"That sounds stupid," he shrugged.

"I was just trying to give you an opportunity to be yourself," I thought it over.

"This better work," he smiled as I took my mask and hood off. I went into my small closet, shutting it so I could change.

     "This look alright?" I asked as I stepped out, this may be the nicest thing I have (You can change it up if you like)

~Sans Pov

Alright wasn't the word to use. I felt my cheekbones heat up lightly.

"Y yea, you look good," she actually looked like a girl, that really surprised me, "let's head out, they'll start to question why we are taking so long."

"Okay," I could easily tell that she was worried. It's much easier to read her when her face isn't covered. I grabbed her hand, teleporting us to the restaurant. I walked in with her, finding Undyne and Paps. They both looked at (Y/n) questionably.

"Hey, Punk, where's Flame? Papyrus told me you were bringing them along, who's she?" She pointed to her. I had realized I was still holding her hand, making my cheekbones heat up again. I let go, nudging her.

"O oh, I'm (Y-Y/n), I it's nice to m meet you! I'm o one of S Sans' old friends," it was kinda cute hearing her so nervous. Usually, as Flame, she is t scared or nervous at all.

"Flame was sick, so they didn't wanna come. I hadn't really been able to catch up with (Y/n), so I took this opportunity to do so," I lied, sitting down. (Y/n) sat down beside me.

"HOW COME I HAD NEVER HEARD OF HER, SANS?" I shrugged, leaning back in my chair.

"You never asked," sometimes, I feel like I'm too good at lying.

~(Y/n) Pov

I was really enjoying myself, it's been so long since I could actually be my own self in public. But, I kept having this feeling, like someone was watching me. I tried to ignore it, but Sans could see I was worrying about something.

"You okay?" He whispered, Undyne and Papyrus were bickering over who was the best chef.

"I feel like I'm being watched, it's creeping me out," I mumbled, laying my head on the table. Sans looked around, his whole body tensed up.

"They are here," that made me pick my head up.

"Who?" He pointed at a table from across the room, I looked at all the color left my face. Ander, Georgie, and Christian was sitting at that table. We're fucked.

_______________

Word Count: 666