Chapter 5

Zhen Ai was in the interrogation room, she was brought inside to be asked.  Yan Su, Owen and other policemen were looking at her through the glass window.

It was Jasmine who was interrogating her.  Before she started Zhen Ai asked, “Can we use Chinese?”

Jasmine paused for a while and said, "I am more familiar with English.”

Zhenai nodded.

Jasmine asked some basic information first.  She thought Zhen Ai was just a normal foreign student who’s not good at English. So she spoke slowly, so slowly that it seemed like she was speaking to an old man.

Then they went to the point, “What's your relationship with Jiangxin?”

“We’re roommates.”

"Can you describe what you see at the crime scene?”

"When I came back the door was open, so I just went in.  She was lying on the floor, there was blood everywhere.  I just took a glance at her, nothing else.”

"And then?”

"I called the police.”

The answer was too simple, which surprised Jasmine.  She spoke with normal speed,  “So you were still at the scene after that?”

“Yes."

"What were you doing here.”

“Just standing there.”  Zhen Ai didn't really answer her question.

"Just standing?"  Jasmine seemed doubt a lot.

"Yes, standing.”Zhen Ai replied.

Jasmine felt her eyes were so dark and deep, she paused for  a few seconds,  “Shouldn’t a normal person who came home and saw her roommate covered in blood first make sure if the roommate is dead or not?”

"It felt a little crowded as there was someone near the dead body.”

Jasmine found it was odd,  “Near the... body?”

"Yes, Yan Su was checking the body so I walked away in order not to disturb him.”

“S.A. was also there at that time?”  Jasmine was surprised,  and spoke fast,  “How..Why did he come to the dorm with you?”

Zhen Ai replied calmly,  “Is that even related to the case?”

Jasmine held back to hide her impatience.

Out of the window, Yan Su looked at Zhen Ai with some thinking, he asked Owen suddenly, "Don't you think she is too calm?”

"What do you mean?”

Yan Su put his hands in the pockets of his coat, looking calm, "After she saw the dead she didn’t even scream or hold back, the only thing she did was just hold her hands. It is like how she answers now, with logic and even without mistakes in grammar. She is not scared at all.”

Owen looked at Zhen Ai, the girl is just as calm as if she just went to the lab or like how she is in daily life.  She is always like this, calm dark eyes, and white cheek.  Even when she smiles, you can't feel the happiness.

She is so beautiful when she smiles, she should smile more.

Owen's grey eyes were dark, “Are you suspicious of her? How much do you suspect?  Do you think the code is written by her, or do you think she did this to attract our attention and prove she is innocent? It is impossible, Ai…"

"It is impossible.” Yan Su even smiled at that time.

Owen paused and said, “Thanks for trusting her.”