Chapter 2

"Take the white book from the back shelf for me." His voice was deep and clear, sounded like it's from some amazing instrument, "It was just in front of you, from bottom to the top count 13, from right to left count 5."

Zhen Ai got the book and gave it to him. He took it without a word, then he glared at her pink-white hand. "You don't wear gloves?"

Unexpectedly, ZhenAi paused and said, "No."

Because of the sudden change in temperature, there were red and white spots on her hand. The man on the wheel chair took a handkerchief from his pocket and cleaned the book carefully.

Zhen Ai: "......"

He looked at her and said without embarrassment: "Human hands secrete oil, each person may be different but everyone regardless of physique has saturated fatty acids or unsaturated fatty acids, generally acidic. The book itself has a protective film, but just a touch of grease will cause damage to it.."

He paused when he saw the girl widening her eyes, after a while he added: "Never mind."

Zhen Ai couldn't help laughing.

Yan Su's face turned pale: "What's wrong?"

"Nothing." Zhen Ai responded, she remembered that Owen told her some advice before meeting Yan Su- "Do not take the initiative to shake his hand! Because he will only tell you that people have one million bacteria, including hundreds and thousands of bacillus pylori, in addition to bacteria, there are also fungi and even viruses. He'll tell you that studies show that the type and number of bacteria in the hands of women are more than that of men, so the international etiquette of 'handshake' to initiate respect is not fair at all. He believes that in order to respect each other, people should avoid having contact with each other's body, especially the hands."

Zhen Ai gave the big envelope to him and told it was Owen who recommended and told her to come for help.

Yan Su took the envelope and took out a card from it. There's a string of code written on the card, on it was: "98.C111GV943.4923.E121DJK734.01..."

"Is the envelope yours or is the card enclosed in the envelope already?" Yan Su asked.

"It's mine. The card didn't have any packaging when it was sent through the narrow opening in the door." Zhen Ai saw that he was still deeply thinking so she added: "I was also confused on why the card was sent without packaging."

"The materials used could tell a lot. This card is made by an ordinary paper but for the envelope, it is not ordinary. The envelope is made from a special kind of paper which can only be found from a certain workshop in China."

"So much information for just one envelope?" Zhen Ai looked surprised.

Yan Su felt it was strange that the action she gave looked a little intentional, which shows she was lying.

He turned back and silently puts the envelope on the piano.

Zhen Ai gave some other paper to him and said: "Owen said you won't help anyone that you don't know very well, so here is my resume."

Yan Su took a quick scan and put it on the piano, still without saying any word. Zhen Ai felt strange about his sudden silence but when she wanted to ask more, the maid came and said: "Misder Owen i here." (Mister Owen is here.)

Owen is (欧文) Ou Wen's English name.

Owen doesn't need any request if he wants to come because of his close relationship with Yan Su.
He came before the maid ended and asked Zhen Ai with a nonstandard but frequent Chinese: "Ai, how is it going?"

Unexpectedly Yan Su chimed in: "May I have a word with you." Ignoring Zhen Ai.

Owen froze for a moment and smiled to Zhen Ai with regret, but Zhen Ai showed she didn't care, she excused herself and left the room.

Owen saw her leaving then walked towards Yan Su to give his wheelchair a kick: "Can you change that strange hobby of sitting on the wheelchair, it's troublesome."

Yan Su took the card by two fingers and said, "Your friend is not the client for she didn't receive the card on her own."

Owen paused because he knew Yan Su would only handle the case when the client comes to him personally. He frowned and said: "If there is something wrong with the..."

"Why are you so serious?" Yan Su looked at him, "I haven't refused yet."

Owen seemed more surprised now.
a: Yan Su thought Zhen Ai is not the client.
b: YanSu thought Zhen Ai is lying.

And the result is he thought it was alright???

"Why?"

Yan Su opened the piano and played a string of music, he spoke in a casual tone: "Because it only means she is in the Witness Protection Program and you are the man assigned to protect her."

Owen was shocked and took Yan Su's hands off the keys to close the piano lid.

He stared at Yan Su: "No, she isn't..." But the pale denial was useless to Yan Su.

The piano cover was opened again, he played the keys and made out a string of clear beautiful melody: "She had been imprisoned and maltreated, and she was alert, she could use a handgun, both parents died and one of them was a top professor in one field. She has been to Middle East and loves watching football. She was trained about self-protection in her profession and she knows some basic cryptology. Different from her resume, she does not have a major in Journalism, but in Biology, for cell research or medicine. And maybe she is as good as her parents."

"How long have you been with her? 10 minutes? 5 minutes?" Owen was shocked, "How did you even know this?"

"It is obvious." Yan Su looked at him, and his brown eyes seemed to be made of precious coloured glaze, clean and bright.

Obvious? Owen thought he must be a fool to ask him 'how'.