Chapter 19

Zhen Ai froze, she grabbed the gun on her waist tightly.  Her eyes were fixed on the bronze handle of the door.  When she found out who it was, her heart almost jumped out of her throat.

It was Zhao He.

Zhao He wasn’t expecting anyone to be there, he was a bit surprised when he saw Zhen Ai, he then smiled and closed the door.  In his haste, he dropped his key.

Zhen Ai calmed herself down in an instant, she knew why he came back at the crime scene.  Just like what Yan Su said, this man is a nutcase, and killing Jiang Xin opened the black box in his heart.

Zhao He stood by the door, he looked at Zhen Ai who’s standing by the bathroom door.  “Someone died here,” he said, “aren’t you scared?”

Zhen Ai ignored him.

Zhao He laughed a bit, he took out a lipstick and wrote on the wall,  “I didn’t expect to meet her friend this time, how nice.”

Zhen Ai recognized the lipstick he was holding, it was Jiang Xin’s, the words he was writing on the wall were the same with what was written on the bathroom mirror.

Zhen Ai asked, “Do you like that sentence that much?”

“She liked it very much.”  Zhao He said with a strange smile.  “The first time I ran a marathon for her, I won and bought her a necklace.  How could she not like it?”

Zhen Ai was silent, she looked at the words on the wall, then looked at the mirror, exactly the same.  The original sentence can also be understood as ‘ran a thousand miles for you’.

But, the lipstick and the mirror is a sign ofthat man.  Was it just a coincidence?

The girl in the mirror looked pale.

Zhao He finished writing and looked at her.  “This place is a very memorable place for me.  Do you know why?” His voice was soft yet sly, and also with the chill like he’s telling a ghost story, wanting to scare the girl before him.

But Zhen Ai didn’t cooperate, her face was calm, even smirking a little, “So the killer went back to the crime scene.  How boring.”

He was a bit surprised, he smiled, “Are you sure I’m the killer?”

She glanced at him coldly, too lazy to explain, “You’ve got a killer’s face.”

Zhao He’s eyes were filled with fierce sparkles of excitement, “And what is a killer’s face?”

“A face that people tend to hate for no reason.”  Zhen Ai answered shortly, she felt like if she speaks one more word, she’d die of irritation.

Hate flashed in Zhao He’s eyes.  She’s in front of a killer, and she didn’t even look scared or panicking!  Even to this extent, he still couldn’t attract even the slightest attention of girls, even just by fear.

What was more upsetting was the fact that she said his face was disgusting.

Oh, is this the reason why Jiang Xin played with his feelings?

He was always lonely, an introvert, and Jiang Xin was a cheerleader who was always bright and lively, like the sun giving off a little warmth to his heart.  The first time he gave her a necklace, she kissed his cheek in delight.

That’s wonderful love, isn’t it?

It’s a blind love, right?

Even if she kept on dating men one after the other, his anger would vanish as soon as she hugs him or kiss him.  He knew that the material things he was giving her made her happy, so he tried to buy her some more gifts.   She was so happy when he gave her a gold necklace, so happy that she even spent the night with him.  She even promised she’d break up with her boyfriend.