Chapter 12

Yansu wrote the code according to his memories, he looked at her, "Can you read Morse code?"

Zhen Ai did not answer, instead she took the pen from him and wrote down on the paper: DELF BEN AGUST 150 250 0441 2!

Yan Su looked at every letter and number she wrote, his lips angled to a slight smile.

"I started to use the first letters of the three words as a keyword, those three words look like English names, and the numbers look like a Chinese phone number. But here in the US, there is no such phone number. The person who will look at the code like that is obviously not very attentive." He said this in a tone as if saying that whoever perceives it like that is stupid and unprofessional.

Zhen Ai: "Now is not the time to evaluate if the code is good or bad, right?"

"The following numbers should be changed into letters. The reason why it is divided into three parts is because some letters represent two-digit numbers. For example, the number 15, it may represent the letters A(1) and E(5) , or it may be the 15th letter which is O. So, the creator of the code put 0 after 15, meaning that the corresponding letter should be represented by the first two digits."

"So, 150 has 15 and 0... meaning the letter corresponding to it is represented by the first two numbers before the number 0... so it corresponds to the 15th letter, meaning it's the letter O. The numbers 250 is the same, it has 25 and 0, meaning it's the 25th letter, the letter Y."

Yan Su lifted one eyebrow, "I don't have to explain the rest of it, I guess."

Zhen Ai eagerly said, "The numbers 0441... 0 was specifically placed at the front of 441.. It means that this time, we should use each single number to represent a single letter. It was deliberately written as 441, not 114, not 414. This is because the English alphabet only has 26 letters. So, 0441 has 0 and 4, 4, 1, which represents D D A. At the end was the number 2 followed by an exclamation point. It means to double it, is that correct?"

Before even looking at Yan Su, Zhen Ai wrote on the paper again, "So now, we have the letters DELF BEN AGUST, plus the double OY DDA." Her hands stopped writing, she looked up at him to ask if they should rearrange the order of the letters.

DELF BEN AGUST OY DDA OY DDA

She lifted her head suddenly and was greeted by his face only inches away from her.

When he saw that she was writing again before, he moved closer to give her directions and spot-on remarks. He did not expect her to suddenly lift her head up. Now their faces are only five fingers away from each other.

Zhen Ai blinked multiple times, not knowing what to do. The piano was behind her, she had nowhere to retreat.

His breath tickled her face, neither fast nor slow, but the man did not seem to have any reaction. His clear eyes gleam and gentle like the sun rays on gingko trees, he looked at her without even blinking.

She could clearly see her reflection in his light brown eyes, but she could not see her face to make sure if she's blushing or not.

Yan Su didn't understand the situation, it was nothing to him, until he felt the girl's warm breath. It was too late when he realized that the distance between them is quite wrong. So, ever so slowly, he stepped back and sat completely on his chair. He wasn't blushing or anything but it was obvious that he froze for a bit.

He lowered his eyes and looked at the paper in Zhen Ai's hand, his tone slightly stiff, "Yes, that's correct, change the order of the letters."

Zhen Ai put the weird situation behind her mind and said, "I'll try it first."