Chapter 31

“That can’t be, right?” Zhen Ai muttered to herself. Tilting her head, she pursed her lips to think.

Yan Su leisurely looked at her twisted eyebrows, knowing she would come up with something; he wasn’t in a hurry, just calmly waited.

On the opposite side, Zhen Ai lowered her head, her fingers tracing randomly on the table as she kept going through the important points of the case like a preschooler, over and over again. With her brows knitted, the ivory lights beamed on her skin looking almost transparent, really…pretty.

Yan Su quietly lowered his eyes looking at his fingers.

Zhen Ai was serious, she spent a lot of time thinking and organizing her thoughts in order. Usually, she was not very attentive to things outside her profession, very slow to be exact, and he always mocked her for this. But now she found herself very interested in reasoning. Yan Su was kind enough to bring her here, of course she hoped to show him that she was quiet smart… and somewhat…not dumb.

“The testimonies were all from high school students, so psychological age was pretty young. Through independent interrogation, shades of emotion were seen in these statements. The contents of the testimonies have many similarities, so I conclude that the credibility of these statements are 90%.” Zhen Ai’s expression was serious and sincere while she took out Parker’s testimony and put it at aside as she spoke. “But Parker’s statement was unusual. The others added their own thoughts and subjective opinions, more or less. His statement was as if he was completing a mission, very objective, in order, and showed no feelings for Lola.” she said has she pointed at the paper.

Yan Su nodded: “I’m glad that you saw this point. This is also the usual method used to judge the accuracy of testimonies, although it is not absolutely correct. People who are normally indifferent and organized can do all of this. For example, if you died today and I was the witness going to give my testimony, the statement I would give would be even more logically objective than Parker’s, without any mistakes.”

Zhen Ai: “…Thank you for your cooperation and contribution to my murder case.”

Yan Su nodded: “It’s what I should do.”

Should my ass!

Zhen Ai glared at him: “You are a whole grown man. I’m saying, aren’t they just high schoolers?”

Yan Su started to get pumped: “I could do that even when I was a preschooler.”

Zhen Ai squinted, annoyed: “Mr. Weirdo, as from Ser. Diaz’s words, do you really want to show off?”

Yan Su’s back stiffened again, taken aback, he said: “…I won’t say anything, carry on.”

“Starting from the murder method.” Zhen Ai raised her eyes. Noticing that he looked quite obedient, she continued, “Even though the hard rain had washed away a lot of the evidence, the two most basic matters were not covered.”

Yan Su nodded very cooperatively, acting like he was listening in a very well-behaved manner.

Zhen Ai: “Firstly, before they got into the car, no one saw the body, but they did after they had gotten in. Secondly, even a man would struggle to hang the body on the tall branch. And there weren't any scratches from climbing ropes on the hands of these students; there were no gloves around or any other protective equipment or body lifting tools either. The only explanation for this would be the car.”

Yan Su laced his fingers and place them on his chest, quietly listening to her, his brown eyes sparkling with praise at times.

Receiving encouragement, Zhen Ai spoke more confidently: