Chapter 20

Bang, bang, bang…

Six consecutive shots, six definite holes at the human-shaped target in the shooting field.

Zhen Ai was still not satisfied, she reloaded the gun and chose to fire at the moving targets.

Owen accompanied Zhen Ai to the field, he was silently watching her.  Zhen Ai was the first person to be under his care in the Witness Protection Program, he isn’t sure if the other witnesses are as strong and perseverant as her.  When he had just met Zhen Ai, her firing was not that good.  After one year, her ability has now advanced leaps and bounds.

At that moment, she was using light yellow protective glasses, her arms were straight while holding the gun firmly in her hands, her eyes were firm and unwavering, her bullets accurately hitting her targets.

She said this before, that if her ability to use a gun was better, her third agent wouldn’t have died.

That was the only thing she told Owen about her past.  He did not ask anything further.

One hour of shooting practice soon ended, a thin layer of sweat formed on Zhen Ai’s forehead.  When they walked out of the shooting range, the sun was warm, in fact the temperature was high since a few days ago.

Owen drove to pick up Yan Su.

A few days ago, Zhen Ai thought of changing her identity again but was sidetracked when Yan Su called to ask, “Want to go to the Hamptons?”

“It’s still more than a week (before the wedding)!”

“Before that, University of Columbia will be holding a cultural festival, and I was invited to give a speech at the public lecture seminar.”

Does he want her to listen to his speech?

She couldn’t answer at once.

Yan Su was also silent for quite a while, when he spoke again, he sounded uncomfortable, “ *coughs*. Hm, and after the wedding, there will be a Spring Music Festival in New York,  it’s a good opportunity to cultivate and improve your poor sentiments.”

Hearing that, Zhen Ai was no longer hesitant to go.

Zhen Ai looked out the car window, the surrounding was all green, signaling the spring.  She asked Owen, “I thought Yan Su doesn’t like giving speeches in public?”

“Yeah, but he also believes that scholars have the responsibility to spread their knowledge to the public.”  Owen carefully drove.  “This time, he’ll be talking about symbolism, the content would be relatively simple, mostly scientific, not academic.”

They soon fetched Yan Su, but there was a problem.  Zhen Ai thought that he would naturally take the passenger seat, so she sat at the back, behind Owen.  Yan Su opened the door at the back only to find that Zhen Ai was already seating there, he looked at her, then closed the door.  He walked around to the other side and sat beside Zhen Ai.

Owen pointed at the passenger seat,  “how come you’re not sitting here?”

Yan Su looked out the window, “The seat with the highest accident rate? No, thanks.”

Owen said, “You think your current seat is safe?”

“The passenger seat and the seat behind that are both unsafe.”  He turned to the side and looked at Zhen Ai sitting behind the driver’s seat,  “Safety conscious, good for you.”

Zhen Ai stared at his fierce eyes, “If you like this seat that much, let’s change…”

“No,” he quickly interrupted her and looked at the front .