Chapter 21

The cultural booths that were lined along the hallway near the stairs were all blown up, covered in flames and smoke, everything was a hideous mess.

The steps were filled with blood.

The injured people were everywhere, together with scattered parts and limbs.  Both injured and not injured cried, others were covering their ears, some called 911, some called the police.  A lot of people were helping the injured, they were trying to stop their wounds from bleeding.

The beautiful campus was instantly turned into a hell on earth.

The air reeked of the rusty smell of blood and smoke, the intensity of it all made it hard for them to open their eyes.

Yan Su was shocked by the instant explosion, his ears were ringing, but he put all those distractions on the back of his mind and searched.  Zhen Ai, Zhen Ai, hair tied up, white top, jeans, Zhen Ai.

There!

He rushed towards her immediately.

Zhen Ai was kneeling on an injured girl, her legs were pressed on the girl’s injured thigh.  She was the lovely girl who interrupted his speech with a question earlier.

Zhen Ai's hair tie was cut off, and her hair flowed down, covered with dirt and blood.  Her hands were tightly pressed to the girl’s abdomen, blood flowed nonstop like water from a spring.

She was talking to her,  “Hey, tell me, what’s your name?”

The girl was covered in blood, there was panic in her voice when she answered, “Angel.”

Yan Su quickly scanned Zhen Ai’s condition, she seemed not injured.  He immediately got up and took his cellphone out, but froze when he heard Zhen Ai’s words.

He never thought that her voice could be so soft and yet so full of power.

“Hey, Angel.  Trust me, you’ll be fine.  Okay?”

Angel lied on the ground, she was in pain, but it seems like everything is going numb, her big clear eyes were starting to lose its light,  “Okay.”  She closed her eyes.

Zhen Ai called out quickly, “Angel, don’t sleep, talk to me.  Say, do you have a boyfriend?”

Angel opened up her eyes and smiled softly and with difficulty, “No, but there’s someone I like…”

“The ambulance will be here soon.  After you get well, will you confess?”

Zhen Ai’s heart was hurting like hell when she was saying these words.

She used all her might to press on the open wound, but the blood was still leaking out from between her fingers.  She knew very well that this girl’s life was barely hanging by a thread.

Angel’s face looked grey, for a moment she frowned,  “I can feel it.”

“What do you feel?”

“The pain! It hurts!”  She clenched her teeth as big drops of tears fell, she cried helplessly,  “God, who did this! Why would they do this!”

Zhen Ai also wondered why people likes to harm their kind.  But now, the most serious and urgent matter is Angel’s wound, being emotional like that would only make the blood flow faster.  All she wanted was to comfort her.  Angel calmed down, but tears were still flowing, “Please, help me.”

“Angel, what do you want me to do for you?  I’ll help you.”

The girl’s tears flowed like endless river,  “Please, please tell my mom I’m so sorry for being impossible, I’m so so sorry, and that I love her so much.”