Chapter 8

Everybody follows Eva to the room, Zhen Ai stands several feet away, not getting any closer.

Eva lifts the plain white cloth to reveal the head up to the shoulder area of the victim.

Yan Su scoots over to take a glance.

Officer Diaz points at several places and starts explaining: "You can see here that both sides of the neck have marks. But I think there is something strange. Here, under both sides of the shoulders, and along the collar bones. Look, there are signs of haematoma (/swelling), in a straight line. But, I still don't understand how this happened."

Yan Su straight-forwardly asks: "Have you inspected the lungs and respiratory tract?"

Eva answered, "Her lungs have certain amount of water, the tract has slight damage."

Currently, she doesn't have even a bit of resemblance to the previous her that bickered with Yan Su. Rather, at this moment, she and Yan Su both look absorbed and serious because of the case.

"That's about right." Yan Su slowly lifts his hand and grabs the air to demonstrate. "Because at the beginning, the killer grabbed her from behind, once he gripped her neck, he pushed her face forward and into the pool of water in the sink, drowning her again and again."

"Ah!" Eva is suddenly enlightened. "This explains the marks on her shoulder, I couldn't find what type of weapon could leave behind a straight wound, when in fact it's the edge of the sink!"

She said that and added: "According to the Forensic division, there are no other unusual fingerprints, only the footprint and DNA data. As for the two odd bloodstain traces you mentioned, someone did really wipe the stain off."

Yan Su stares deeply around the surroundings, then closed his eyes.

Eva turns to the cabinet next to them and fetched a small tray, placed above it is a platinum ring: "This is discovered inside the stomach of the victim."

Zhen Ai heard and looked over from her location and nausea fills her. Stomach.... of the victim?

Yan Su looks at the ring, lifts the white cloth to look at the fingers of the victim, he confirms: "It's a brand new ring, where did the ring box go?"

He turns his gaze away and asked: "Does the oesophagus have a trace of metal scratch?"

Owen: "Yes."

He nods his head: "The time of swallowing isn't long."

He covered the victim with the white cloth again, thanked Eva, then walks out of the room.

Owen asks him where he's going, Yansu said: "Now we can start to ask the witness."

....

The three of them goes downstairs while Yan Su explains.

"Originally, the police starts the investigation based on the cause and motive, then one by one they will question the people the victim had recent contact with. They found four people and they are all willing to assist in the investigation."

When the three of them get inside the car, Owen asks: "Do you also feel no worries on solving this case?"

Yan Su shortly replies: "I went through the autopsy results."

"Did you find any new clues?"

His answer is very short: "The killer, his thinking is quick, his resourcefulness is very strong."

After saying this, Yan Su leisurely leans back to his seat and closes his eyes. The collars of his black coat covers half of his face, oozing a distant and unapproachable aura.