Chapter 36

Strangely, Zhen Ai had a good sleep, a night with no nightmares. After the effect of the red wine faded, she still woke up at 6 am sharp.

After waking up, she didn’t want to get out of bed, so she just rolled and rubbed herself against the large and comfy bed.

The velvet mattress and quilts were fluffy and pleasant, as soft as cotton candy. She didn’t usually sleep on a soft bed but experiencing such an intimate feeling once in awhile was very exciting.

The thick curtain blocked out all the lights from outside the window. She turned on the lamp, the dim light brought a warmth to the quiet and sophisticatedly furnished room.

She closed her eyes, shrinking into the blanket and flashbacked for awhile, about what happened last night. It flew away like a dandelion in the wind, nothing remained, even the tiniest bit. After the rare snoozing session on the bed, Zhen Ai washed her face and walked downstairs.

While walking downstairs, the elevator made a “ting” sound and Yan Su came out. It seemed like he just got back from a morning walk. He threw a glance at Zhen Ai, his face was lukewarm, nothing different from the usual.

“Did you bring me home last night?” Zhen Ai asked.

Only after she had asked, she realized that was not okay; to him, that question must have been nonsense. With his personality, he definitely wouldn’t answer that happily.

As expected, his clear eyes quietly sparked up, he said: “Yesterday, an angel came by, lended you his wings then you flapped your way back here.”

Zhen Ai followed the wide shadow of his back, she muttered very disheartenedly:  “ It’s easier if you just say it.”

Yan Su was quick-eared, he walked ahead of her without looking back: “You using your brain to think is the easiest.”

Today Owen made breakfast.

Yan Su pulled his chair out and sat down, his phone rang. He glared at the screen, the first thing he said while picking the call up was: “What’s the hurry! Will the wedding run away?”

Zhen Ai was used to that so she just sat down very calmly.

“I’ll become very grumpy when I’m hungry or thirsty.” He sounded cranky.

He said that as if he was not grumpy any other time.

“You really expect me arrive at the scene, when the first thing I'll do is analyze your friends? Who’s shady with who, who hooked up with who?”

“Very well. I compliment your pragmatic attitude.” He hung up. Very pleasantly, he got ready for breakfast. Picking up his cutlery, he said to the people beside him without even looking at them: “We’re going to Hamptons later.”

“Ah wedding? Oh.”  Zhen Ai was surprised for a moment.

Yan Su clouded over and looked at her, his expression didn’t look very good: “Why does none of my family’s business seem to have any existence to you?”

Who said the wedding wouldn’t run away?...

Zhen Ai softly scolded him: “Officials can set fire while people are not allowed to turn on the light!”

Yan Su thought about it for awhile then he glared at her: “I don’t understand idioms.”

As they were leaving, Owen said he was busy so he wasn’t going.

Zhen Ai was confused, she really didn’t understand what was keeping him busy during this time. Zhen Ai puzzled: “But Owen, aren't I your job?”