Chapter 6

Lucas POV

I am pretty sure that Maya hates me now. I mean I couldn't blame her I was a total dick to her. Believe it or not I had my reasons. I wanted to save her from getting more hurt. I am aware that I already hurt her but it would have been worse.
》 FLASHBACK《
It was the last day of summer break. So school starts tomorrow and I am really looking forward to it. I can't wait to see my friends and especially Maya. I was having dinner with my mom and dad. It was pretty quite which was unusual.
I cleared my throat to start a conversation. But before I had a chance to say something, my mom spoke
“ So Lucas are you excited about school?”

“Uhmm... Yeah I am mom. I can't wait to see my friends. I am really excited.“
I said giggling.

She smiled at me and I smiled back. But there was something different. I was concerned.
“ Mom is something wrong?”

“My mom and dad exchanged a look and looked back at me.

“ Lucas, we need to tell you something. It's really important.” My dad said in a serious tone.

“Dad, what's wrong ? You are making me really nervous. Is someone dead ? Is it pappy Joe? “

“ What ? NO !! No one is dead. Lucas pappy Joe is fine.” He replied really quick.

“Lucas, baby, we are moving.” My mum mumbled.

“Oh, okay are we moving closer to my school. But I am still getting a car right? “

“No, honey-"I cut my mum off by saying

“But mum, you promised me.“
I exclaimed
“ We are moving back to Texas.” she said carefully.

I couldn't believe it. I was frozen. I mean Texas is my hometown. I love Texas BUT I love NYC too. I mean my friends are here and Maya...

“ Lucas say something! We know that its hard for you leave your friends behind but we have no other choice son.” My mom said trying to contort me.
It was quite for few minutes. I finally spoke up.
“ Mom... I... I don't know what to say. I don't wanna leave my Friends again.” I stuttered trying to stay calm.

“ Lucas, we are not leaving in few days. So you have time to sort things out and we will move back in 2 weeks.” My Dad told me.
“ But dad, I don't wanna leave!!! I have found amazing Friends and I can't leave my girlfriend!” I yelled at him, holding back my tears.
“ Wait, what you have a girlfriend?!” my mom and dad said simulationsly
. They sound really excited.

“ Yeah, well not officially... but still! It's Maya.” I couldn't help it, I said chuckling.
“ Oh, I understand Lucas.” My mom said concerned.
“ What do you mean?” I asked curiously.
“ Maya is a really nice girl Lucas. And you told me that she had gone through a lot struggle. Her father left her. And now, when you leave her. Maybe she will never allow a man in her life because she will always think that everyone with abandon her.
Who knows maybe she will even be afraid of commitments. It will break her heart. I totally understand you. And I also know that Maya is a strong girl but I’m sorry we have no other option.” My mom explained me, kissed me on my forehead and left me alone with my thoughts.

My mom is right, everything she said was right. I couldn't do that to Maya. I don't want to hurt her. Maybe I shouldn't be with her at all. It will save her from getting more hurt. Yes, that's it is. If I act like I don't like her then she will hate me and it wouldn't hurt her when I move back to Texas. I am aware that she will still get hurt but it wouldn't hurt her feelings that much. It will be hard for both of us. It's for Mayas best.

Even though I'm gonna die inside while ignoring her. It will never change the fact that I love Maya. So that's what happend, that's the reason why didn't tell Maya about moving back to Texas. I couldn't see her If I saw her I would have told her the truth.
It would break her even more. I actually planned to not tell anyone about it but Riley accidentally found out. But thank god I was able to stop her from telling Maya about it. It was really hard to convince her. Therefore, she insisted on telling the rest of the group besides Maya, I agreed. They all wanted to know why I didn't want to tell Maya. I told them that l am not ready to talk about it and they respected it.
But little did they know that I sneaked over to Maya before I left. I saw her fall asleep peacefully. She is so beautiful.(Creepy Creep) I wanted to see her for the last time.
》 END OF FLASHBACK《

And now here I am in Texas, thinking every second about her. The only thing I want is Maya to be happy. I hope that she is happy.

AN:
Pls Vote & Comment :)