CHAPTER 9

Next Day

Maya POV
I woke up unusually early and decided to go for a walk. I wanted to wake Riley up but she was deep asleep and snorted really cutely.

It was really beautiful outside. You could still see the sun rising. It was mesmerizing and i really regreted not bringing my sketchbook with me. I was sitting on a bench when I heard someone behind me.

“ Maya ?”
My Heart stopped at the sight  When I turned my head around. Everything around me stopped.
“ Maya.. I know.. I am sorry.. Can we talk?”
I wanted to shout at him but at the same time I wanted to ignore him. I wanted him to think that I don't give a fuck about him. But instead of doing any of the options above, i did something I didn't plan to do at all. The last thing I wanted  was Lucas to see me crying. But then again I exactly did that. I cried like a stupid girl. I could see that lucas was dying at this sight. But I didn't care. Well I didn't wanted to care but I still felt sorry for him. Ughhh i hate that he has such a power over me. And then I did the most unmaya thing ever. I ran away crying.

Lucas ran after mw screaming my name. His voice cracked everytime. But I ran as fast as I could. Eventhough Lucas could have catched me, he didn't. And again I thought I wasn't even worth running after which made me cry even more.
Until I  heard Riley calling my name. She was still in her pyjamas.

“ oh god Maya! I was so worried. Peaches please don't cry.”
I kept crying & sobbing. Riley held me tight and tried to calm me down. The way she embraced me, made me feel so safe. And I really needed that. It was like a confirmation that everything is going to be fine. I took my time and Riley was there. I am so glad that I have her.

“ Riles, how did you know that I was here ? I am sorry if I woke you up.”

“ Oh peaches! Don't be sorry you didn't wake me up. I didn't even know that you left. Uhm... well... Lucas woke me up and said that you needed me!”

“ wait what? He came to you? He was the reason I cried in first place. And now he acts like as if he is concerned. Ugh I hate him so much. And I don't even want to cry because of him.”

“ Maya, you know Lucas cares about you.”

“ NO he doesn't and I don't care-"

Riley gave me a look.

“ ok well I don't want to care about it. Trust me that I won't care about him soon. “

Oh Maya. I am not gonna let that happen. You guys will  have your issues sorted out very soon.