Numb

Jack p.o.v.

I couldn't see, I couldn't hear anything either. I felt so much pain. A massive headache too. I felt like I was moving and someone was holding my hand.

Finn p.o.v.

I was very drunk at the party last night. I started hearing a bunch of yelling and Wyatt and I slowly made our way over to the center of the living room. I wasn't really paying full attention. But it was Jack, and Owen Teague, and Ashley. Ashley was being assaulted I guess because Jack as yelling at Owen for touching her. Then I heard remarks like "You're gonna kill him" and "Oh my god Jack" and I knew I had to do something. Jack was strong but he wouldn't hit anyone since me. He was overly careful now apologizing for poking people. He couldn't hit Owen even if he tried.

I pushed my way to the front of the crowd of people, it took about two minutes when I saw Jack, almost lifeless, spitting out blood, swollen eyes and bruises and cuts everywhere. I grabbed Wyatt's wrist to let him know what I was doing, then I jumped right on top of Owen, rolling him away, while Wyatt pulled Jack away. He carried him, bridal style into Sadie's car and I punched Owen once before running and joining Sadie, Millie, Ashley, Wyatt and an unconscious Jack on top of his sister and Wyatt in the back. I joined them holding up his head, Ashley his middle, and Wyatt had his feet. Millie got in the front as Sadie raced to the hospital. Ashley grabbed her brothers hand and squeezed it tight. He squeezed lightly back.

"Touch him, he can feel us even though he can't see or hear us." she said.

Ashley kept caressing his hand. Wyatt was rubbing up and down his shin. I softly touched his face, wiping away tears and some blood. I played with his hair a little before kissing his forehead.

Why did I do that? Jack was just my bestfriend. My bestfriend that's why I did it. Because I am here for him every step of the way no matter what. Millie reached back, handing me a first aid kit.

'Sadie had this in the compartment. Use it to patch up his head best you can Finn" she said handing me the box.

I nodded and opened in. First I grabbed a cloth. I wet it with an old water bottle from the back and cleaned off all the tears and blood. Then I disinfected the cuts. I felt him wince a little at the sting but relaxed after a little. He must be in so much pain right now. Ashley was just crying now. For what Owen did you her, for what Owen did to Jack. But also for how much she loved her brother and how much he loved her.

Once I bandaged him up best I could we sat in complete silence until we got to the emergency wing of the hospital. Nurse Nancy was at the front desk.

"Oh my goodness, Ms. Grazer what happened?' Nancy asked.

"He got beat up. We need to get him fixed up soon" Ashley replied.

Nancy nodded. "Any specific nurse requests I can't do it I have to work the desk." she said ready to page someone.

"Natalia!" I called out, remembering how sweet she was too me. She was my friend too and would treat Jack with kindness. Then we saw her running around the corner.

"Nancy I'm her- FINN?!" she exclaimed running and pulling me into a hug. "Is everything okay?" She asked me.

"Not really.." I said gesturing to Jack in Wyatt's arms.

"Oh god.. okay let's get him into a room you guys stay out here. Mr. Oleff put him on this bed please"

We sat in the waiting room for almost an hour. Half an hour after we got Jack in everyone else showed up. They were cleaning up all the food, drinks, garbage, and blood. Sophia was busy kicking everyone out. Gaten, Caleb, Jaeden and Sophia all showed up. We all just patiently sat waiting quietly when Caleb spoke up.

"Sophia who was that guy you were with?" he asked her.

"Chosen Jacobs in grade 12. He's nice but I don't know I get a weird feeling around him."

"What kinda feeling?"

"I don't know but something is off"

The conversation was over. I had to speak up though. "Where is Noah? Shouldn't someone call him?"

"Finn," Jaeden said. "Noah and Jack 'broke up' a couple days ago"

"Oh" I said. I don't know why I was happy about this. I mean, I like Jack as a friend but I guess I'm glad he is happy on his own now.

"Finn?" It was Natalia. I stood up and walked towards her.

"How is he?" I asked.

"He's going to be just fine. A couple cuts an bruises and a minor concoction. He needs to rest for a week before going out of his house okay?"

"Yep. We can look after him. His mom is out of town as of yesterday."

Natalia nodded. "Well just be careful taking him home okay?"

We went and got Jack and went back home. Caleb and Gaten had a sleepover at Caleb's house since Caleb only wanted to make one stop. Sophia drove Jaeden Wyatt and Jeremy home. Ssdie drove me Ashley Millie and Jack home. It was a long night.

Caleb p.o.v.

"Okay, here you go Gaten." I said as I finished setting up the bed for him on my floor. He was drunk and I was tipsy so it was best off we just stayed together.

"Thanks again for letting me crash here." Gaten said yawning.

"Yeah, yeah just get some sleep. If you need to puke the bathroom is right outside."

"Goodnight Caleb."

"Goodnight Gaten."

Now I was left alone to think. I swear I recognized the boy Sophia was with. I think my cousin might know him. My cousin lives out of town and I think Chosen is new. I will talk to her in the morning. Until then I better sleep.