9. Matt

I woke up to Matt knocking on my door to bring me breakfast.

Matt: here you go love.

Me: eh.. thanks.

Matt: you okay?

Ugh. Why does he even try. He will never ever be the same as dad. I wish he was back already.

Me: yeah I'm good.

Matt: are you sure about that.

Me: well yeah I'm obviously sure about that.

I just wanted him to get out my room already. I've had enough of him.

Matt: well, you just seem really down at the moment. I know what it's like to be a teenager you know. I was in that position once. Just don't worry about a thing.

Me: I'm fine.

Matt: okay. Just enjoy your breakfast and have a good day.

Me: thanks and shut the door behind you please.

He gave me eye contact and in a calm voice said, "I really do care for you. Don't forget that."

He shut the door behind himself and a tear formed in my eye. I can't even remember what it's like to have a dad. To have someone say that they care for me. His words really touched my heart. I had been so harsh to him and always have him an attitude.

I ate the breakfast which he had made for me with love and washed the dishes so he wouldn't have to. Mum had gone to work and since Matt was off work he stayed in to look after me.

........

It was good to know that he cared for me. He was keeping mom happy and prevented her from drinking which was even better. I wish they never break up. I don't want things to go bad again. And again and again.

My thoughts were interrupted by a pecking noise at my bedroom window. I got up to check who or what it was.

It was Adam.

Me: what do you want?!

Adam: I'm here to take you to school, babe.

Me: first, how do you know where I live. Second, why? Third, I am not your babe.

Adam: don't be like this.

I stepped back into my room and off the balcony. What is happening right now? is he falling for me? is this a joke? who is this dude?

Why don't I just test what he's doing.

Me: Okay I'll be down in a sec.

I took an hour getting dressed.

........

Me: I'm all dressed bae! how do I look?

I was wearing black jeans with a deep purple jumper. I had no bright colour whatsoever. I was full and dark. And I hated being me.

Adam: wow! you look gorgeous.

What's he playing at?! I'm an ugly freak. In what way am I 'gorgeous'.

We walked to school together and there was silence the whole way. It wasn't awkward it was comforting and calm.

Adam: well here you are. I have to get going.

Me: and where are you going.

Adam: somewhere.

He walked off without giving me time to speak. What was up with him?

........

School wasn't as bad as usual today. I arrived home and I heard mom sobbing from upstairs. I looked at the table and there was an envelope. An opened one. It read:

Melxi sorfe.

14 sefflie avenue.

What was dad doing sending mom a letter. Melxi is my dad. He was Mexican and very demanding. He never really tried to get in contact with us until now....

I went upstairs to see if my mom was okay. As I entered the room there were alcohol bottles all over the floor.

Oh no. Not again.

I asked her " what happened mom?". She looked up and yelled " its all your fault. You ruined everything for me! I had a chance to live but you... you ruined it all for me! I would have one less problem without you!" I was puzzled and didn't understand a thing she meant " what do you mean mom?" My voice was breaking into a cry at this moment.

Mom pushed me out of the room and slammed the door. I stood there in shame, in embarrassment.

I ran to my room and cried.

I don't even get why this is happening to me. What did I do this time. I thought things were gonna change but turns out they aren't.

........