14

I lifted myself off the ground. There was blood all over the floor. My face was covered in blood. I went to the bathroom to clean myself up and mopped the floor. I looked at the time and realised it had been 2 hours since I woke up!

I slipped into my pink and purple silk Pyjamas. I laid there in bed thinking.

I have no one to help me. Every time there is someone to help me I push them away. I don't want them to see the real horrible me. I hate myself and it will always be that way. I am living in darkness and no one will support me.

7:00

I got up and prepared myself for school. I looked so dead so I slapped on some makeup so brighten up my face a little. Mom wasn't home, as per usual, which meant no one had been shopping, so I took some money to buy myself some breakfast and lunch.

I put on a pair of black leggings and a plain white oversized top with a tanned leather jacket on top. I paired that with some white converse. I looked like a normal girl. Not the dead, beat up, abused girl. I looked like a girl who takes care of herself and is happy. But all of that is a lie. It's a lie to myself and to the world.

I left the house and waiting outside for me was Adam. His hair was messy but looked perfectly in shape. He looked up and smiled at me. I blushed and put my head down. I walked over to him and said to him "hey". He looked into my eyes and said "are you alright". I nodded my head and walked forward. He dropped me off to school and we said our goodbyes. "Adam, what school do you go to?" I asked him curiously. "Erm.. I'm home schooled."

"Lucky." I grinned and nudged his arm.

As I walked into the school I saw becky talking to her friends next to the school gates. They were all so happy. There were two of them one was Emmie and the other was Wifa. Emmie was talk and had a cute blonde Bob with green eyes. Wifa was a brunette and had big brown eyes.

Becky: hey sami. Come over here.

Me: hey guys.

I said awkwardly as I stepped towards there circle.

Emmie: hey

Wifa: hello

They we welcoming and didn't think I was weird. I felt that I would get along with them. Even if I didn't get along with them I would get along with becky.

The bell rang and everyone hurried to form. We were all in the same form class so luckily for me I wouldn't have to walk alone. I felt a sense of security around becky. She was perfect. "You okay?" she smiled at me. "Yeh, what about you?" "I'm good thanks. OMG Did you do the English homework?! I forgot to do it." She chuckled to her friends.

"Yeh I did. You can copy it if you want."

We walked to form and at that moment I didn't feel lonely. I felt safe. Becky made me feel secure because she protected me and she helped me. I went to sit with them instead of sitting by myself. They were very welcoming to me.

Becky finished off her English homework and I joined into Emmie and Wifa's conversation.

I had been analysing them all day and they didn't show any sign of hate towards me or anyone. They were so kind.

The school day had ended and I arrived home. Mom was here this time and she wasn't very angry so I decided to go talk to her.

Me: hey mom

Mom: hello

Me: I wanted to know why you and Matt broke up

Mom: I don't want to talk about it

Me: can you please just tell me

Mom did not have any intention of telling me why they broke up. She left the room and came back with a baseball bat in her hand she whacked me on the back of the head with it. I screamed in agony and she shouted "Don't you dare speak back to me again. I'm your mom you do as your told. You understand?!" She flung the bat across my head as I yelled in pain.

I ran to my room crying in pain. For a few seconds I couldn't see and felt dizzy and was gonna have a concussion if she hit me any harder. I had a banging head ache for the rest of the night.

I got my phone and text becky about it. She helped me a lot and reassured me that everything is gonna be okay. She cared so much about me. I texted her all night until I fell asleep.

Friday

I woke up to having blood clot coming out of my nose. I worried if I would get brain damage or my tissue was damaged. I still had a head ache and one side of my head hurt more than the other.

I left the house for another day of school and again Adam was there waiting for me. He was covered up more than usual.

I speeded past him and he followed me. We didn't speak a word on the journey to school. Maybe he knew I was upset. Maybe he heard me scream or cry.

Adam's POV

I was on the way to see Sami. I missed her a lot. I had no one to speak to. She kept me happy. I was alone at the care home so I would stay out of their nearly all the time.

I was about to knock on her door but I heard her scream and her mom shouting at her. I didn't know what to do. Should I call the police or not? I was so confused and worried. I sat their to hear anything else but luckily it was nothing so I figured they were just fighting. Nothing serious.

It was 11:00 and someone came at the door. I stood up and saw that it was her mom.

She had a skinny, delicate body. She smelt of booze and looked younger than i would expect. She was pretty like Sami.

She asked me "what the hell I was doing here" and I didn't reply as I was afraid something bad would happen. She kept on asking but I didn't reply. She came up close to me and asked me one more time. Again I refused to speak. She punched me on the jaw and told me not to come back again.

I went back to the care home. It was quite late and everyone was sleeping which meant no one could see that I had been hurt.

The next morning I covered my bruise with a scarf. I didn't want her to be suspicious about anything.

I wanted her to be safe as she went to school. Before we met I saw that her friends would bully her. I didn't want that to be happening to her. She always looks insecure. I love everything about her. I love all her perfect imperfections.

I want to be there for her.