ChApter 8

Once the trio got to Charlie's townhouse, Michelle went to the room that was hers on occasion and changed into her pajamas. She brushed her teeth in the bathroom that was in her room and said goodnight to Charlie. She gave Kaiser some food and water then got in bed.

She was laying in bed reading when Kaiser pushed open her door and came in. He hopped up on the bed and started to get comfortable when Michelle said,'' Kaiser'' the dog looked up from his attempt to make a little nest with her blanket,

"The door."

The dog made a sound that Michelle could have sworn was a reluctant sigh and got off the bed and nudged the door closed.

"Thank you"

Michelle said. Kaiser got back on the bed and ditched his attempt at a nest. He climbed up towards Michelle and Laid down with his front paws on her arm. Michelle looked up from her book and smiled. Kaiser gave her a little whine and licked her nose.

"Ok ok I guess that is enough for tonight."

She put the book on the bedside table and looked around the room one last time before she fell asleep. The walls were white but mostly covered with Michael Jackson posters and Jackson 5 records. Next to her door against the wall was her desk. This room looked more like home than where she actually lived.

On the desk was a picture frame that had the last letter that she ever got from her father, the problem was she didn't remember who her father was. It had been so long and she assumed that he had forgotten her. Yet somehow she knew her father was still out there, looking for her. Michelle smiled at the thought of going home to her father. Finally feeling safe and truly happy. With that last thought Michelle fell asleep.