Chapter 10

Michelle woke up with a start. It took a minute for her to remember where she was. Once she realized it, a little of her nervousness went away, but something was wrong. Kaiser was standing, stock still in front of her door. Ready to attack anyone that might hurt his mistress. There were two voices in the kitchen. One was loud and sounded kind of drunk. The other was quiet yet firm. Michelle rolled her eyes and got out of bed. She sighed.

Logan was here.

And he was drunk.

She quickly put a jacket over her spaghetti strap tank top that matched her black velour sweatpants as she went downstairs. Logan was in Charlie's face yelling about something or other and Charlie was pointing to the door, firmly telling him to leave.

"Hey!" Michelle yelled. "What is going on here?"

Logan stopped yelling and looked at her angrily. He strode toward her and grabbed her by the arm and said,

"lets go. Your mother is complaining about you not being home and I can't handle it anymore."

Michelle pulled away from him backed away. He reached for her again and she backhanded him across the face.

"GET OUT!" She screamed.
Logan shook his head.

"I'm not leaving without you."

Michelle pointed to the door and yelled,

"OUT. NOW."

Logan made another grab for her. This time Michelle dodged it and decked him.

Logan sprawled out on the floor. Then he sat up and looked at her.

"There, I like you better when you're silent. Now get out before I call Scotland Yard."

At the mention of the authorities, Logan backed away. He then walked out the door and Michelle didn't sit down until she heard the car leave the driveway. After she knew he was gone, the sense of panic left her and a new feeling came. She was dizzy. Soon she felt herself falling, then everything went black.