Part Three - Interview - 2018

Liam listened in awe about the older man's story. He didn't question it, he believed it right away. It was too detailed to be false. And even if it was all lies, Liam got to experience a great story. The older man knew what he was doing. Liam couldn't help but think that maybe the older man was an author. "So you're saying that they met while vandalizing?"

"Exactly."

"That is so...tragicomic", Liam said.

The rain had grew stronger and its noise filled the silent room as the older man pondered Liam's words.

"Yes", the man agreed finally. "Right from the start it was all about adrenaline... That feeling you get, the adrenaline in your veins when you do something illegal, stupid or dangerous...That feeling was the start of everything. They got obsessed."

"What do you mean, exactly?" Liam asked, scribbling down random notes about the older man's facial expressions and words he used. "They got obsessed?"

"Yes. Obsessed on the feeling they got when they were running away from the cops. They started doing more crimes", the older man explained. "At first it was rather innocent, if one dares to use that word. Just a bunch of minor crimes; stealing cigarettes, alcohol...maybe a couple cars there and a few breaking and enterings there."

"Sir, how do you know so much about them?" Liam asked from the older man. He knew nothing about the man.

He shook his head. "We will get to that later. And please don't call me Sir."

Liam was quiet for a moment before finally nodding.

"Okay", he said. "You were saying?"

"Their relationship started that night on that tree. They became inseparable. They felt immediately attracted to each other. They had so much chemistry and it didn't take long for them to fall madly in love. And they started pursuing that feeling I told you about. That feeling of palpitations and danger", the old man said.