Twenty Nine

Arabella

"You've arrived at your destination" the automated voice rung silently through the car.

I looked out to see nothing but an abandoned reality. Maybe there was a glitch within the system or it was incorrectly imputed.

I didn't know what to do. I had been aimlessly driving for hours to reach a non existent destination point on a planet which I had believed to be wiped out until a few weeks ago

I got out of the car and looked around for any trace of life and shouted "hello" at the top of my lungs.

Nobody replied.

I shouted again only to be interrupted by a hand of stranger reaching over and grasping my mouth.

My mind immediately panicked. Was he going to rape me, kidnap me, kill me. I didn't know how to react, so I bit his hand and attempted to regain control.

"Feisty" he mumbled as I felt a sharp pain through my thigh.

I groaned as all hope left me. I had been injected with something and it was only moments until I was either too weak to even stand or dead.

—————

I slowly eased back into conciseness, trying to reorient myself.

My vision was coming slowly into focus and my head was pounding. I couldn't figure out where I was.

My surroundings mildly resembled that of a prison cell, but that seemed absurd.

"Arabella?"
"Yes?"
"Welcome to your new home"

My mind went blank. I could not form a sentence. I was literally in a prison cell; this possibly couldn't be my new home.

"There must be some sort of mistake"
"Nope, you were sent over by your previous base for reckless behaviour and failure to fulfill your duty"

"My duty? What fucking duty ? I started training a week ago"
"Mame, your case will be visited within 500 business days. You'll be assigned council and a hearing. Take it up with them. Until then, you'll wait here and complete the 400 hours of work you failed to do at your previous base"

"I want to speak to someone now" I shouted as I approached the bars of my cell

The woman stared at me, one eyebrow raised with a sense of entitlement and smugness about her.

"You're on the waiting list for a meeting with administration"

He tore a note and handed it to me. With the number "437" written on it

"are you fucking kidding me?!" I shouted

She simply stared and swiped right on her screen as she proceeded to the cell next to mine.

I was stuck and had no way out

A/N
hey guys, sorry for being gone for 3 months