Two

I first went to Coachella valley. The set was all prepared. The iconic ferris wheel now abandoned for months as there was nobody to dismantle the whole set up, mainly because everyone was dead. I walked around, briefly remembering the moments and memories I had created here more or less a year ago with my now dead boyfriend Matthew. It was ironic how people used to come here to be happy and burry their regular lives, dreading every moment that went by, because in the back of their head that meant one step closer to reality, and now I stand here counting down the seconds to when I leave as tears rush down and stain my cheeks.

I began to scream hello in the hopes of a response. I craved the sound and touch of another person that was not myself and a response to my call would fulfill that craving.

I received no response so I dragged myself back to my van, and sat in the drivers seat. I let out a light sigh and smashed the stirring wheel. I was so ready to give up right there and then, but I knew I had to continue and push past my self petty for the sake of the human race.

I inserted the keys into the ignition and hit the gas. As I drove away I was debating where to search next, when suddenly the car began to slow down.

I was not low on gas. I immediately screamed because that meant it was a flat tire or the motor was fried. I had no spare or other method of transportation and I was in the middle of the Indio desert.

I ran outside to look at the tire first. I examined it, only to find a perfect hole going through the top of my tire. I looked up, my eyes racing hungry for the sight of another human. My eyes then locked with a boy.

Everything blanked out. I could not see or think straight. My whole body was screaming. My mouth filled with thoughts ready to be shared out loud with another person. Over 11 months of thoughts stored in my mind ready to spill out of me. I ran screaming and crying. All the hope I had lost suddenly flooded me. I ran as the stranger also ran towards me.

I reached him. I was gasping for air, but managed to squeeze out words. "Hi-hi! My name is Arabella. Holy shit I thought I was the last one" my whole body racing in excitement to hear another person's voice. "Hi I'm Grayson" he said, the relief in his voice evident and highlighted. We stood there, starring at each other, observing every detail on our body, until suddenly I hugged him and began to cry, but these were tears of hope, these tears symbolized the beginning to a new start. He lightly sobbed and sighed with relief and then he softly whispered in my ear "Arabella I'm so" he sighed, trying to collect himself, "I'm so glad I found you." And in that moment I wasn't praying to come across another human. I was praying this moment would never end.

A/N

Grayson is here. Yay :)

Thanks for reading