Chapter Five: Khalid

She was beautiful.

All I could think about after the moment there we spoke was how amazing her voice sounded, and how magical my name rolled off her tongue.

And later, when the other acts were over, and we ate lunch, and were on to the fifth act, all I could think about was her. So when she stepped on that stage with the other three girls, my eyes immediately landed on her. She no longer wore the white shirt and blue jean skirt that I saw her in, but wore something sliver, showing her stomach and her long legs.

She was definitely an angel.

Once they got done performing, I left to meet Ally back stage to congratulate my friend. And maybe ask Normani out on a date.

As soon as I got down there, Ally ran up to me and hugged me tightly.

"Khalid! I haven't seen you all day," she mumbled into my shoulder.

"Well, it's been one hectic day," I told her while rubbing her back.

Normani and the other two girls turned around, the chocolate goddess running up to me and giving me a hug. Which was surprising.

"Thanks for the popcorn," Normani ran her hands through her hair.

"It's no biggie," I told her. "You're uh...wet." I pointed out.

Duh, Khalid. She was just performing and water came down.

"I am, indeed," she said, a blush creeping on her face.

Wow I made the queen blush.

"Well, I should get going... and you know....see the final performance," I turned away.

"You won't miss anything specific," Dinah mumbled. "The bitch has as much talent as my toenail."

Lauren giggled.

"Wait, Khalid," Normani started. "Ally told me you were good in Physics. I was wondering if you could help me."

She was playing with the tips of her hair, looking down at her feet.

"I'm alright," I said. "I could tutor you, though. I'm free any day after school."

Her face lit up. "Okay, I'll see you today after school."
____________________

She did not meet me after school.

I waited for her and everything. I would have texted her and asked her where she was, but she thought my number belonged to Mason. I sat on the steps of the school for about an hour before I came to the conclusion that she wasn't coming. I pulled out my phone to text her.

Hi there, beautiful.

She didn't know that I was Mason, but I still wanted to talk to her, even as Mason.

My phone buzzed.

Hi :)

Before I could reply, someone touched my shoulder.

"Hi," Ally said in a high pitched tone. "Who are you texting? Oooo you called her beautiful.... Wait... Is that the girl you like?"

I nodded. "Ally can I tell you a secret?"

"Sure," she said with a smile.

"So the girl I like is-"

"Hi," Normani said, cutting off our conversation. "Sorry it took so long, I had cheer practice."

She wore a forest green shirt that read "Houston School of Performing Arts" and black shorts. How she managed to look so good wearing that would always be unknown to me. All I knew was that she looked great.