Chapter 26: Normani

After Val left, I had a lot of time to think about things.

Why did seeing him with my daughter not seem right?

Why had he looked so taken aback, so guilt-ridden when I asked about the accident?

Why didn't the kiss we shared feel right?

It didn't feel like I was in love with him.

Was I in love with him?

"Good morning, Normani. Ready to go home?" Blair said while walking into my room.

I looked up at the taller person and smiled. Blair was always a sight to see.

"Yes, I am tired of seeing these white walls," I replied, motioning towards the bare room.

A frown appeared on his face. "I thought you liked seeing me?"

I held up my hand, showing off the engagement ring Val had given me the day I woke up. "I'm an engaged woman."

"Of course you are," Blair mumbled.

I frown appeared on my face listening to his tone. He didn't seem happy.

I sighed. "Look, Blair, you're nice and all but Val is not only my child's father but also my fiancé. And I love him."

"Do you really?" Blair asked me after finishing unhooking me from the machines.

When I didn't reply, he rolled his eyes before walking towards the door. "I'm going to get your discharge papers. Then you can go home."

I nodded. "Okay."

As he was leaving, Ally came. "How's my favorite bride to be?"

I couldn't help but smile at my friend's enthusiasm. "She's alright."

"Good. Because today you, Lauren, Zendaya, and I are going dress shopping!"

The name Zendaya triggered a memory inside of me.

The time she was leaning over my hospital bed, asking for forgiveness.

Forgiveness for what?

Was it something from high school? Or did it go way back?

I couldn't think about it, because whenever I did I'd get a huge headache.

"So she's apart of our clique now?" I joked.

From as much as I could remember, there were five of us: Camila, Lauren, Dinah, Ally, and me. We were the best of friends and even began working on a group. We were releasing singles and stuff until Camila left the Group Junior year of high school.

Strange that I could remember that, but senior year was a complete blank.

Did I even finish senior year?

"You finished," Ally confirmed as if reading my thoughts.

"Oh, okay."

I looked down at the outfit my mother had brought me earlier.

It consisted of a blue shirt with the words "Love to live as if I'm blessed," and black skinny jeans.

I smiled to myself.

I am blessed huh?

I gave one more look to the hospital bed, my room for five years, for the last time before going to change.

And I see Blair. A smile on his face and a wave.
_____________

After changing to my clothes, Ally and I made our way outside into the warm summer air.

"What day is it?" I asked.

Ally shrugged . "All I know is it's summer. Meaning no bad ass students for me to yell at and no more yelling at Suzy for eating our glue sticks."

I giggled.

"And, oh my God, Bryson never stopped picking his nose. And Rosalina used to cry if her pencil broke."

"Are you a teacher?" I asked.

The shorter girl nodded. "Yep. Been teaching high school for two years."

Wow. I've missed so much.