Chapter Seven: Normani

"Ally. Ally Brooke. Pick up right now," I threatened quietly to the ringing phone. When it stopped ringing, I immediately thought of a song that we had been working on.

You have reached a phone number that is no longer in service for you...

"First off, I didn't send you to voicemail," I heard Ally's raspy voice on the other end of the phone, signaling that she was sleeping. I must have been thinking out loud again.

I could understand that, since it was one in the morning and even though it's the weekend, and since Ally liked having twelve hours of sleep, she'd be asleep by nine thirty.

"Okay, well it took you thirty years to answer so..." I retorted.

"Yeah, yeah," she began. "You texted me saying you had something to spill, and since I'm a classy lady who likes her parties, I'll just say the tables are set and we're ready for the tea to be served."

I giggled at Ally's joke. "Okay so..."

Ally yawned. "Normani I don't have all day."

"Let me speak then," I told her, feeling sleepiness crawl it's way into my body.

"Alright. Go."

I took a deep breath. "I kissed Khalid."

The line was quiet for a while, and I was starting to think that she fell asleep. Well, until I heard her laugh. "Oh my God, Mani. That's funny. I have tears. There is no way you guys kissed."

"No, I really kissed him.

"Really?" Ally asked. I heard her mumble something that sounded like 'Sweet merciful Jesus' before she began to speak in a serious tone. "Normani, who initiated it?"

I didn't answer.

"Normani Kordei Hamilton did you initiate the kiss?"

Still, no reply.

Ally squealed. "You did! Oh my God I have to tell Lauren. Not Dinah though, she's been a little bitchy lately."

"No, Ally don't tell anyone-"

"Too late. Lauren slept over and she heard everything. Say hi, Lo."

There was shuffling, and then Lauren came to the phone. "Oh shit, Mani I see you. When's the wedding?"

"There is no wedding," I said in a flat voice.

"Okayyy...well. Don't be all. Grumpy Stumpy with me."

Ally butted in. "Okay since we're all here and spilling the tea on Normani's life, I'm just going to say that Khalid is madly in love with Normani."

I choked on nothing. "Are you serious?"

Lauren laughed. "Oh my goodness the tea burns."

Ally made a sipping noise, as if she was drinking tea. "And here's some more tea, Normani secretly likes him back."

"No I don't," I mumbled, heat suddenly spreading across my face.

"Yeah you do," Ally said over Lauren's constant laughter.

They both went into a fit of laughter, soon I hung up on them.

I didn't know what possessed me, but I decided to text Mason. He just seemed so much like Khalid. I wanted to get to know him. So I texted him the place, and time that I wanted to meet him. Hopefully he'll come.

The next day, I woke up kind of late since my night was sleepless. It was around one thirty in the afternoon when I got out of bed, took a long shower, and made my way to the kitchen.