Chapter 19: Normani

"Normani, are you okay?" My mom's voice came to my ears.

I nodded.

That's all I've done for the last hour.

"You seem a little off," my father said, coming to sit with us on the couch.

"I'm fine," I mumbled.

Truth is, I wasn't fine. I was thinking about how I'd break the news that I was pregnant, and how I'd handle Khalid's departure. I had come to the conclusion that everything bad that's happened to me for the past few months, were because of Khalid.

I loved and hated it.

Val came up from the kitchen with a bowl of popcorn, setting it on my lap before sitting next to me and placing his arm around my shoulders. "You okay?"

I scooted away from him while setting the bowl on the table, and glaring at him. "I'm fine. Thank you."

My phone buzzed, and I looked to see messages from Dinah.

Party tonight? Ariana's dad will be there and Ari wants us to perform for him.

I smiled before replying.

Yep I'll pick you up in 20.

I stood up, running my hands through my hair before making my way towards my room.

"Where are you going?" My mom called.

I peeked back into the living room quickly responding, "Performing for some big people, mom."

I settled on a little black dress and fixed the curls in my hair, and my makeup.

I had to look presentable.

I grabbed a black leather jacket, before stepping out of my room and bumping into someone.

"Slow down, babe," Val said, holding my arm.

"Stop calling me that," I snarled before walking passed him and out of the door.

The cool summer breeze hit me like a warm hug, and I smiled to myself.

I was free.

For one night.

I got into my car and picked up Dinah, then Lauren and Ally.

"Been a while since we've done this," Dinah stated from the passenger seat.

"How?" Ally said, passing Dinah her phone to play music.

"Been some days."

Lauren giggled.

"I missed being you guy's taxi driver," I joked, which caused Dinah to hit my arm.

"Hey, be careful," I said. "I bruise easily."

"Yeah them hickeys on your neck last week told us that," Lauren mumbled, causing the other two girls to laugh.

I felt the heat rush to my face. "Shut up."

"No, ma'am," Dinah teased.

Ally patted my shoulder. "It's okay to get a hickey, Mani."

"Yeah, Ty gave me one like yesterday," Lauren stated, pointing to her thighs.

"Okay, gross. We didn't need to know about your love bites on your thighs," Dinah grumbled.

"Don't be grumpy because you're single," Ally said.

I smiled at my friends, and soon we were at Ariana's house...or should I say mansion?