Chapter 13: Normani

A smile crept on my face as I stared at a sleeping Khalid. Paris was amazing. We had seen the Eiffel Tower, we ate amazing food, and we just forgot about our issues at home.

Spending this vacation with him made me realize how much I loved him, and how I'd never let him leave me. We were meant to be together forever.

I took his hand in mine, and he squeezed it.

"I didn't know you were up," I said.

"Of course I am. Wouldn't wanna sleep while I'm ten thousand feet in the air," he said with a smile.

He opened his eyes. "You're so beautiful, Normani."

I looked out of the window and blushed. "Thanks."

He grabbed my other hand, wrapping both of my hands in his. "Look at me," he said softly. "I love you. I'm so in love with you that it hurts, but it's a pain that I'll love to have for the rest of my life. You know?"

I bit my lip and nodded. "I love you too."

"Good," he nodded, sitting back in his seat.

There was silence for a few minutes until Ally walked up to us. "Wow, are you guys virgins? I never catch you in the act."

"Unlike you and your boyfriend," Dinah said, walking up to us as well, "They have dignity and don't fuck in public.

"Dinah, no one wants your input because you don't even have anyone to fuck," Lauren said with a smile, looking up from her book.

"That's not what you said three-ouch! Ally!" Dinah rubbed her arm that Ally pinched.

"Three what? What happened?" I asked.

"Nothing, really," Dinah stated. "Just Lauren and I had-"

"An amazing study session," Lauren butted in.

"Oh... Well okay," I said, looking away.

The girls went back to their designated seats leaving Khalid and I alone once again.

"Normani," he whispered.

I looked at him. "Yes?"

He held out his hand, revealing a small box. "Here. It used to be my grandmother's."

"You're not proposing are you?" I asked nervously.

"No," he smiled. "just open it."

I opened it, and a small necklace sat there in a pretty, delicate way. It held a ring around the perfectly made chain. The ring was silver, with a heart carved into it. He took the box out of my hand, and placed it around my neck.

"One day, that just might mean the world to you."

"It already does," I leaned forward and I kissed him.

When we kissed, it felt like the world stopped, like the only person in the world besides me was him. Like no one else mattered besides me and him. He was my rock, my world, and my soulmate. He was the love of my life.
________

"I'll see you tonight?" Khalid asked. We were standing next to my car.

"Yeah, I'll come over," I stood on my tip toes to give him a kiss.

"Are you guys done cakin'? I'm hungry," Dinah snapped.

Khalid smiled, running his hands from my shoulders to my hands, taking them in his. "See you later, love."

"Bye, Khalid."

"Yeah. Bye, Khalid," Dinah mocked.

"Dinah, you're the first person I'm dropping off at home," I muttered, starting my car.