Chapter Six: Khalid

"And he's so cute," Ally said to me excitedly. She was referring to the new kid in school.

"That's cool," I told her, getting my books out of my locker.

"Yeah and his name is Mason."

I dropped my books, and looked at her with an expression that no one would probably make.  "His name is what?"

"Chill out, Mr. Clutz," she joked. Then she smiled. "Here comes Normani. I can't wait to tell her that I found her secret admirer!"

"Shhh, Ally. Quiet down," I told her. Then as Normani came closer, I pulled Ally into an empty classroom.

She placed her hands around my waist. "Empty classroom huh? Didn't think you were that kind of guy. At least take me on a date first geez-"

"He's not Normani's secret admirer," I cut her off.

She looked at me disbelievingly. "But his name's Mason."

"I know, but...look, Ally if I tell you this, you can't tell Normani anything, okay?"

She nodded.

I took a deep breath, "I'm Mason. I'm her secret admirer."

Ally smiled widely before hitting my arm, "Why didn't you say so? She's totally into you."

"Not if she runs into Mason," I pointed out.

Ally gave me a pointed look. "Just ask her out and tell her the truth."

"Right. Okay." Then realization dawned on Ally's fave.

"No you can't do that," she said. "Normani hates liars."

"I'm still going to ask her out."

"Okay," Ally said with a huge grin.
_____________________

"So, okay. To find velocity, you have to divide distance by time?" Normani asked me.

"Yes," I told her with a huge grin. "You're getting good at this."

"We should celebrate," she told me. "Let's order a pizza."

"Or I could just take you out," I mumbled.

She didn't hear me. "What did you say, Khalid?"

"Nothing. Let's order a pizza."

We ordered the pizza and then began watching this movie on Netflix.

It was four days after I told Ally about my crush on Normani, so it was the weekend. We were both silent, until I started a conversation.

"Uh... Normani?" I cleared my throat.

She looked up at me with big brown eyes. "Yes?"

"I.." Now or never, Khalid. "I think your dress is really cute."

She gave me a small giggle and looked back at the TV. "You're so cute, Khalid. I could kiss you."

"Then kiss me," I said before I could think about what to say.

She turned towards me. "Okay."

My face began to heat up. "W-what?"

"You said kiss you. We're friends right?"

I nodded. "Yes." But I want us to be more.

She shrugged. "Then I don't see what the problem is. We're both single and we don't have feelings for each other, right?"