Chpt 4: Encounter

(Y/N)'s P.O.V
I try to scream but the gloved hand stops me from doing so. I desperately try to rip the hand off of my mouth but it's no use. As I try to escape, my back presses up against my attackers chest which causes them to twitch. "S-Stop squirming.." I hear a man tell me. He sounds like a young adult - someone under 20. I hear a crack and feel my attacker twitch again. Quickly, my attacker removes his gloved hand and grabs me by the forearm. My eyes widen slightly as I look at the man. He wore Orange goggles and a mouthgard along with a beige hoodie. His hair was a deep brown and His height was at least 5'6". His head jerked to the side resulting in a cracking sound and I flinched. As I looked him over, I noticed twin hatchets hanging from his belt. My heart was pounding and I swore he could hear it. He took hold of one of his hatchets and raised it above his head, getting ready to strike. Memories of my family began to fill my mind as I squeezed my eyes shut, taking a deep breath. 'I'm sorry, mom... I'm sorry, dad.. I love you guys. Please remember me as your happy little girl.'
Though I waited for the impact, it never came. In confusion, I opened one of my eyes to peek at my attacker. There he was, frozen with his hatchet raised in the air.

Toby's P.O.V
'Damn it... Why can't I just kill her like I do to all my other victims..?!' I thought as my grip on my hatchet grew tighter. I attempted to swing again but froze once it was inches away from her face.
A few minutes had passed as we stared at each other. Slowly, I slipped my hatchet back onto my belt where it belonged. She blinked a couple times as she watched me, confusion on her face. Hesitantly, I let go of her arm and turned around "Just... Just go." I mumbled and sighed. After a minute, I still felt her staring at me and I clenched my fists, glancing at her. "I said go..! I-I'll let you live! But don't tell anyone about this or I really will kill you!" I said a little louder in an attempt to frighten her. However, she stood her ground before quietly speaking with that beautiful voice of hers. "Why... Why didn't you kill me?" I too wondered about this. "I don't know, I just c-cant, okay?!" my head jerked. Fucking tourettes. "What's your name?" she's brave, I'll give her that. But is it really safe to tell her..? "I-I won't tell anyone, I promise! You can have my head of I tell anyone..!" it took me a minute to reply. "T-Toby. Ticci Toby." "Ticci Toby..?" I nodded my head in response.

(Y/N)'s P.O.V
'Ticci Toby..? What an odd name..' I thought to myself, fidgeting a little. After a minute, I looked at him again and smiled softly "Thank you... For not killing me, Toby. I'm (Y/N) (L/N)."

Toby's P.O.V
'Oh my Zalgo.. Even her smile is beautiful.' I thought as I felt my cheeks begin to heat up. I stared at her for a few seconds unti she giggled softly, looking down at the ground. "W-Well, thanks once again. I'm going home now. See you." with that, she turned around and began to walk away while I watched her, heart beat increasing. How can one girl make me, a killer, act like this..? With that question in mind, I ran off in another direction to find Slenderman a different meal. 'Yeah... See you later. Later for sure.'