Chapter Three: Jupiter Pack

{Lu's POV}

        "Lupus Dux! Get your furry little butt down here or we're going to be late!" Kian called, his voice echoing around the empty hall.

        I rolled my eyes and zipped up my full suitcase. I had packed everything I needed and more: jeans, hoodies, dresses, shoes, and even a swim suit; although I doubted I would need anything other than winter clothes. The Colloquium was in Moscow, and it was always cold in Moscow. Which was completely different than what we were used to here in sunny California.

        I lugged my suitcase down the stairs and tossed it at Kian, grinning.

        "I'd be careful how you talked to me, pup. Once we return from Moscow, I'm going to be your alpha." I laughed as the suitcase threw him off balance.

        "Well, I'm going to be your beta! You know they'll choose me for that spot; or why else would I be going with you?" He replied.

        He was right, whenever a new alpha (me) rose up and took the place of the old alpha (my dad), a new beta (Kian) would take the place of the old beta (Kian's dad). It was family based; the Royal Bloodline so to speak. Normally, though, the new alpha is the male child of the current alpha. But, my mother died during my birth, so I'm an only child. The one and only female alpha of all twelve packs. And man, do I get criticized for it. But my pack knows I will be a strong alpha, and I don't plan on letting them down.

        Kian and I get into the back seat of my dad's black Mustang, while he and Kian's dad get into the front. Since they were still the acting alpha and beta, they would be coming with us. But this would be there last conference in those positions.

        "You guys excited?" Kian's dad said, turning to look at us as my dad drove away from the House.

        "Yes!" Kian exclaimed, nearly jumping out of his pants.

        "A little nervous, actually." I admitted, gazing down at my hands which were clasped in my lap.

        My dad chuckled.

        "Lup, you, of all wolves have nothing to worry about. I know that if anyone DARED say anything to you, you'd snap their neck, no problem!" He said, laughing.

        "Daddy!" I yelled, blushing and laughing.

        And that's how the rest of the car ride to the airport went. Jokes, laughing. More jokes. We were some family.

                                                                                 ~~~~~~~~~~~

        We arrived in Moscow about 13 hours later. Where we, yet again, got into a car and drove some more.

        We stopped at a hotel when the sun started going down. And I must say, the attendant was a bit skeptical about two middle-aged American men, a teenage boy, and a teenage girl sharing a room. But, with Dad's alpha essence, it didn't take much convincing before he gave us our room key.

        We took the elevator up to the top floor, where we stepped into a room with two beds, a chair, and a couch. Dad looked around, then turned to Kian and I.

        "Lu, you take the couch. Kian, the chair. James and I are taking the beds." He said, alpha tone in his voice.

        We both nodded and went inside to change. Once I had my pajamas on, or should I say my sports bra and spandex, I went outside onto the balcony. It was freezing here, and if I hadn't been a werewolf, I probably would have been frozen as snow began to fall. I took a deep breath and looked out into the night.

        With my enhanced senses, I could see quite well in the dark, but not quite as well as I could in my wolf form. I looked around. I saw people walking through the streets, people looking for food in the dark alleys, and even a couple making out against a building. Shaking my head, I turned and went back inside.

        I lay down on the couch, needing several blanket to keep me comfortably warm, despite my natural resistance to the cold. Soon Kian, his dad, and my dad later down to sleep, and it didn't take long for three different pitched snores to fill the room.

        I rolled over to face the inside the couch and sighed. Since we had gotten here, a strange feeling had been in the pit of my stomach; a feeling like I had never felt before. I felt...like I was supposed to be here. Like, something big was about to happen.

        But what?