Chapter Fifteen: Pluto Pack

{Aislynn's POV}

"What the heck were you thinking?!"

After pulling pulling Blaine away from Lu and into another bedroom, I had him sitting on his bed answering my questions.

"Do you know that you almost blew our cover?!" I screamed at him.

"Try and keep it in your pants until they leave, Blaine! I can't have you screwing this up! God, I feel like I'm the only one here with my head on my shoulders!" I exclaimed, throwing my hands up.

He had been glaring at me since I detached him from his mate, but I knew why.

The full moon had come out about an hour ago and I knew that meant Blaine and Lu would be going through Heat.

Heat was a werewolf thing. Basically, the second full moon of the month, a Blue Moon, would trigger a sexual urge in all Alphas to mate with their mate.

It only happens to Alphas who who have found their mate, and have yet to actually "do anything".

I took a deep breath and sighed.

"Look... I'm sorry, Blaine. I truly am. But you need to wait at least until tomorrow when our parents leave. If they find out, this game plan changes. Okay?"

He glared at me and before I even knew what was happening, leaped forward and trampled me to the ground.

Quaid, who had been watching wide-eyed over in the corner, was quick to leap into action and pull a growling Blaine off of me.

"Dude! What is wrong with you?!" Quaid yelled, pulling Blaine away by his upper arms.

Blaine's eyes were pitch black and he was basically snarling at me.

I had never seen him this angry.

He was struggling against Quaid and I knew that even though Quaid was a Beta, he wouldn't be able to over power the Alpha for long.

I took a vase from the side table and smashed it over Blaine's head.

He knocked out immediately and fell to the ground.

Quaid looked up at me in shock.

"That was uncalled for..." he said picking Blaine up and dragging him into the bed.

"Did you have a better idea?" I mumbled.

He sighed and I apologized.

"I'm just under so much stress, Quaid," I whined.

"You think you're under stress? I just found out two of the biggest rivalries in history are destined to be bound in matrimony," he sighed.

"Well when you put it that way..." I laughed.

He smiled.

"You've always had the prettiest laugh."

I scoffed.

"Me? A pretty laugh? Please, I sound like a hyena!"

Quaid chuckled.

"Listen, Quaid. You can not tell dad and Alpha Daniel about this. If anyone else finds out it's going to cause a war."

He turned his head and looked deep into my eyes.

"You don't think they'll find out eventually? The colloquium only lasts a month, A."

I sighed and nodded.

"I guess we'll just cross that bridge when we get there. Please, just... promise me you won't tell anyone," I begged.

He nodded.

"Persuade me..." he whispered.

With his frequent glances at my lips, I knew exactly what he meant.

"I-I have a mate now, Quaid," I whispered.

"He doesn't have to know," he whispered, leaning in closer.

"But he does," a voice growled.

I pulled away quickly and looked back to the doorway to see Kian standing there.

His eyes were pitch black, like Blaine's had just been. His muscles were tensing against his navy, woolen-sweater and his face was remarkably calm.

"Aislynn," He said calmly. "Go to my room and don't leave until I come and get you."

His eyes never left Quaid the entire time he was talking to me.

I looked desperately back at Blaine's unconscious body and wished he was here to resolve this. He'd broken up so many fights before and I didn't want to be the cause of this.

I took a shaky breath and got up, much to the surprise of Quaid.

"Please don't do anything stupid," I whispered in Kian's ear, before exiting the room.

God, what have I done?