Chapter Seven: Jupiter Pack

{Lu's POV}

That word. That one word that was to have a big effect on my life. That one word...that changed my life forever.

"Mate."

He reached me in the blink of an eye; so quickly and silently that I was pretty sure I was the only one who had noticed at first. Except for the dirty blonde I sensed starring daggers into my chest.

"I...." I started, but was unable to finish.

I stood, still shocked, and bolted from the room. I closed the large wooden doors and leaned my back against the wall. Who was this guy? And how was I so attached to him already?

Taking a deep, steading breath, I stepped away from the wall and half walked half jogged to the nearest bathroom. I splashed some cold water in my face, patting it dry before even my makeup had time to smudge. I glanced at myself in the mirror, surprised by what I saw.

My cheeks were flushed a bright pink; my eyes, wild and my heart racing. I blinked, starring at the reflection of a person who looked like me, yet, didn't.

I once again took a deep breath, then headed out of the bathroom and to brave the strangeness of this....situation.

When I walked into the meeting room again, the meeting part had ended. Wow, I hadn't realized that I had been in the bathroom that long! The packs were mingling, all except the Jupiter and Pluto packs, who were on opposite sides of the room.

As soon as he saw me, Kian stormed over to where I stood by the punch bowl. He touched my shoulder, causing me to jump a bit.

"Lu! What the heck happened? Where'd you go?" He asked, keeping his voice low.

"Did anyone else notice I was gone? What did you see?" I asked, anxiously looking around.

I noticed the blonde before I could find the guy. She was really pretty, with honey blonde hair and green eyes. She was starring at me, a scowl on her face. I turned my attention back to Kian as he answered.

"Dad and Mr. Dux noticed, other than that nobody. And all I saw was you running to the exit and the twins over there starring at you." He said, jerking his thumb at the girl and the guy.

I could understand why he called them that; they both looked alike, to the point where one looked like the gender swap of the other. The only difference was the guy's obvious leadership quality.

My eyes traveled over to the pair once again, this time immediately meeting the guy's and locking in place. I felt my muscles go stiff and my heart beat faster once again. Why does he keep doing this to me?

"Hey! Earth to Lupus! What's that on your shoulder?" Kian asked, pulling me back to reality.

I snapped my gaze back to him, then looked to where he was pointing on my shoulder. On the back of my right shoulder was a strange mark; it looked like two hearts tangled together. I had been born with it, almost like a birthmark, and it was transparent. But the weird part was, it was getting darker.

I met Kian's gaze again, my eyes growing wide.

"By the gods..." I said, understanding flooding us both.

I looked at the guy again, only to find him starring back at me. Oh, those eyes....

I mentally shook myself and nodded my head toward the door. He nodded in understanding and began walking that way. I turned to Kian.

"I'll be back. Distract the others for me, will ya?" I said, and took off without waiting for a reply.

I exited the room to find him standing just outside waiting for me. I met his gaze, turned on my heels, and led him down the hall and into an empty room just a few doors down. He shut the door behind him, then turned to me.