Chapter Six: Pluto Pack

{Aislynn's POV}

After a long drive to Dublin, we left on my father's private jet to Rome, where we'd take a connecting flight to Moscow.

Once at the hotel, Philip got our room keys and we went to our room.

I opened up the door to one room with two full sized beds, a couch, a chair, a washroom, and a sink.

"I'm not sleeping on a couch for a month, dad," Quian complained.

My dad handed him another key.

"Which is why the children her their own room," he smiled, giving Blaine and I a key as well.

"Yay!" I yelled running to our other room.

I opened the door and the room was exactly like the other one.

"I call this bed!" I yelled, jumping on a bed.

"We're gunna have to share a bed, sissy," Blaine said, hauling in our bags.

"Or we could just take shifts and she could sleep with you one night and me the next," Quian suggested.

My brother glared at him.

"Nope," he said simply.

My dad appeared in the doorway.

"Two things," he said. "Firstly, stop yelling. Lastly, you need to get showered and ready. We're leaving for the colloquium in an hour and a half."

I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Why'd we get here so late?"

"Blaine will explain," my father said before closing the door.

"Hehe, he rhymed," Quaid laughed.

I giggled. "Now, why did we get here early?"

"To avoid certain people," Blaine said pulling his tux out of the suitcase.

"What people?"

"The Jupiter Pack," Quaid said.

"What's wrong with them?" I asked.

Blaine shrugged.

"I dunno. We've just always been rivals."

I nodded and got my formal attire from my suitcase.

I showered and changed into my black and white striped peplum cocktail dress. I put my hair into a milkmaid braid and then put in my black, diamond-encrusted earrings.

I came out and Quain wolf whistled.

"Lookin' good, Aisle," he said.

My brother shot him a glare and looked at me.

"You look nice," Blaine smiled.

"Ditto, double-o-seven," I laughed.

He flipped his collar and struck a pose.

"I know," he said dramatically.

I laughed and fixed the collar back.

While I was helping Quiad tie his necktie, my dad knocked on the door and entered with Philip, both in their tuxedos.

"Time to go," he stated.

We followed him down the stairs into an enormous ballroom.

People were everywhere and the scent of authority was almost overwhelming.

Blaine linked my arm with his and we entered.

He stopped dead in his tracks, pulling me to a stop with him.

"What's wrong?"

"Do you smell that?" He asked sniffing around.

I sniffed a couple of times and followed my nose to a big plate of freshly cooked brownies.

"Oh my god! Brownies!" I yelled.

Once again, our arm link kept me from running forward.

"No... It's not food. It's like.... Like an ocean, almost. Like suntan lotion- and salt water," he said.

I gave him a weird look.

"We're in Russia, Blaine."

He nodded.

"I know. It's probably just perfume."

We walked through the crowd, greeting several people and shaking so many hands I couldn't feel my fingers.

I heard a councilman call for silence and we all sat around a huge conference table.

He was giving a speech, thanking everyone for coming, when Blaine took my hand in his and squeezed it.

"Ow!" I yelled.

My bones started to pull themselves back together and I turned and gave Blaine a glare.

"What the heck, Blaine? You broke my freaking hand..."

He wouldn't look at me; his eyes were glued to a place across the room.

I followed his line of vision and I saw he was staring at another girl across from us.

She had black hair with a bluish tint to it. She had a crescent mark under her left eye, which I assumed was the mark of her pack. She was wearing beautiful aquamarine and gold earrings.

She was a gorgeous girl, but she was also staring back at us.

I pieced the puzzle together far too late and before I could stop him, Blaine stood up and used his lycanthrope speed to get to her quickly.

Her eyes were still glued to him and without my supernatural abilities I would never have heard the word they both whispered.

"Mate"