Chapter Ten (Part Two): Jupiter Pack

{Lu's POV}

We had been in Moscow for several days before we all decided to go on a little 'Vacation' with each other. Dad had approved of Kian and I going sight seeing, although we were required to be together.

Blaine and I had had several secret dates, each one bringing us closer than the last. I hadn't realized just how much I had missed out not knowing my mate. And I was still getting used to the strange feelings only he could trigger.

Now, Blaine and I had just driven to the nearest forest, parking just inside to tree line so the cat was hidden. Kian had taken Aislynn to dinner, but Blaine and I had a different idea.

Laughing, Blaine and I walked through the forest, hand in hand. We walked until we reached a small clearing, the crescent moon lighting it up.

We laid down on the soft snow, my head on his shoulder as he played with my hair which was down in loose curls. A soft breeze blew in, swishing and fluttering the skirt of my dress. It was white, floor length and was perfect to wear to the beach. But, being a werewolf, I could wear it in the freezing cold and stay warm.

"Luli?" I heard Blaine's voice, wrapping me in a blanket of warmth.

"Yes, Leprechaun?" I smiled, meeting his gaze.

He smiled his crooked smile, then kissed my forehead.

"I think I'm in love with you." He said.

"I-" I was cut off by a loud crunch from just inside the trees lining the clearing.

I reflexively took a deep breath, drawing in the scents around me. I smelt the normal smells of the forest; leaves, soil, a few native animals etc. I was almost overwhelmed with the scent of Blaine, who smelt of cherry soda and freshly polished oak. It was delicious.

But I also caught an unfamiliar scent. I stank of rotting animals and waste. I sat straight up, back rigid.

Rouges.

Blaine must've smelled it as well, because he was on his feet in in instant, removing his clothes and preparing to shift. I began to do the same, but got distracted when Blaine removed his V neck tee.

Shaking myself, I began my change. After a few seconds of painful bone changing, I was my normal blue-black wolf. I looked over at Blaine, who had just finished changing as well. He was a honey-blonde wolf with a white tail tip. He was huge, dwarfing me in size where I towered over most of the wolves in my own pack.

The rouge wolves appeared then, emerging from the shadows. They were somewhat small, with matted coats and bloodshot eyes. There were five, and they surrounded us.

Blaine and I growled, ears and tails raised high. But the rouges didn't back down. Finally, they spoke to me through the mind link all werewolves had.

'Who are you?' A male voice said in my head; it was rough and husky.

'The better question is, why are you here?' A shrill, female voice said.

The male was a grey wolf, directly in front of Blaine. The female, a black wolf in front of me

'That does not concern you. What you should be worried about is the fact that you just threatened two alphas.' Blaine said, his voice deep and echoing.

I heard all of the rouges laugh, their gazes on me.

'You mean her? That scrawny thing, and alpha?' The female said, sticking her nose in the air.

'You have room to talk about being scrawny. I could snap you like a twig.' I growled at her.

She returned the growl.

'Easy, Andy. Don't hurt the pretty thing. You don't see a wolf colored like her every hundred years.' The male said, running his tongue over his muzzle.

I heard Blaine growl in response.

'Hey, relax big guy. James will get her, but you get me.' She practically purred at him.

'You'll have to get through me first, cat dung.' I growled, digging my claws into the ground.

She had had enough. She jumped, lunging and snapping at my throat. I stepped to the side, causing her to stumble and fall next to me. I turned, scraping my claws down her flank as another wolf jumped on my back.

As I fought the two wolves on me, I caught a glimpse of Blaine fighting the male and another wolf. It didn't take long for four limp bodies to fill the clearing.

Blaine padded over to me, a cut over his eye and on his shoulder that had already begun healing.

'You okay?' He asked, looking over me with concern.

'Just a few scratches, nothing serious.' I replied, looking at the bodies.

A sudden realization hit me. Weren't there five rouges.

Just then, the fifth wolf jumped out of the trees and directly at Blaine's throat.

'No!' I cried, thrusting myself into the air with my hind legs.

The impact hit me hard, directly in the shoulder. The rouge's teeth sunk into the top of my neck, ripping through fur and flesh. His weight hit me full on in the shoulder, crushing bone.

'Lupus!' I heard Blaine's voice yell.

I hit the ground hard, skidding on the hard ground. I heard a wolf bark, then go silent. But it all sounded so distant. The world around me had become fuzzy.

The wound on my neck stung, unlike normal wounds. Like the rouge's teeth had been laced with wolf poison. The pain spread through my body, as if it couldn't heal itself.

I heard Blaine calling my name, telling me to come back. To stay with him. But I couldn't hold onto his image anymore. That beautiful golden wolf.

The world became darkness.