Chapter 26: Please..

(Jaune's POV)

I bash the stranger with my shield, causing him to stagger and fall to the ground. He lets out a chuckle and stands, holding his arm.

"I won't give up that easily.."

He launches at me, his claws gleaming brightly. I dodge him, turning towards him, backstabbing him. He plants onto the floor, screaming in pain. His shrieking pierces my ears. Purple liquid begins seeping out of his back. I gasp and back away. Suddenly, he disintegrates into a pile of ash, still screaming. I stand there, speechless. I fall to the ground in exhaustion.

"You did stunning, Jaune.." Pyrrha whispers in my ear. I turn my head and see her face, smiling. Tears form in my eyes.

"Pyrrha.." I whisper. She hugs me.

"Now go. Go save Ruby. She needs you.." Pyrrha states. Her body then fades away, slowly as she smiles sweetly.

"I love you, Jaune." Her voice echoes.

"I love you..too.." I reply. She disappears and I stand, wiping my eyes. I sheathe my sword and exit the room.

I turn my head and see Ruby lying on the ground, unconscious with her hands covering her stomach. I rush over to her and fall to her side.

"Ruby?" I question. I lift her hand and notice blood staining her stomach. I gasp.

"RUBY!" I yell. I quickly pick her up, cradling her. I stare at her deathly pale face as I stand. I sprint up the stairs and reach the entrance of the underground base. I see Nora and Rin both sitting on the ground, resting. I pause and look around at the unconscious or dead guards sprawled across the field. They immediately shoot up from their spot's after seeing me holding Ruby and quickly dart over to me.

"Is she okay!?" Nora asks, panicked. Tears well up in my eyes. She looks down at Ruby and sees the blood. She gasps and her eyes widen. She looks away and begins weeping. Rin immediately snatches her out of my arms and lays her on the ground gently. He latches onto my hand and pulls me over to him.

"Okay, rip the shirt where the bleeding is coming from. I'll go grab the medical kit," Rin states calmly, standing and dashing towards the ship at high speeds. I grab the end of her shirt and rip and large hole, revealing a throbbing red gash. I turn towards Nora who's trying to control her hyperventilating. She glances at me with her watering crystal eyes and looks away, covering her mouth with both of her hands. I turn towards Ruby and place my hand on her stomach, protecting the wound. I begin sobbing uncontrollably while tilting my head downwards.

"No..no no..please..please.." I plead. I can't lose her.. not like this.. please..please no.. I can't live without her.. please..

..

Please..!