Ch.1 Welcome to the Woods

I wake up startled to the sound of my alarm going off. I'm glued to Lincoln, I slowly reach my hand over and snooze my phone. "We gotta get up" Lincoln says still half asleep. "10 minutes." I say readjusting my head on his chest.  10 minutes go by and I snooze my alarm again. I continue to snooze my alarm and eventually check the time. "Fuck!" I jump up and change into my nurse clothes really fast. Lincoln slowly sits up. "What time is it?" He asks stretching. "7:20! I need to get Hailey up and dressed! I didn't even make her lunch! The bus comes in 20 minutes and I have to be at work in 45 minutes." I say tying my hair in a high pony tail. "Woah Speedy Mama calm down" He says walking over wrapping his arms around my waist from behind. "I'll make her lunch you get her ready." He says kissing the back of my neck. I sigh and smile.

      I walk over to Hailey's room. I quietly open the door. "Hailey." I walk over gently waking her. "Time to get up peanut." I say. She sits up and yawns. Chewy's sleeping at the end of the bed. "I don't want to go to school mommy." She says in a small little voice. "Schools very important. Get dressed and I'll fix your hair." I say helping her out of bed. She gets dressed and I attempt to do a braid. I'm silently staring at her hair. She looks over to a mirror. "Daddy's better." She mutters. "Yeah... maybe we can just leave it down." I say pulling out the elastic.  We rush down the stairs and to the kitchen. "Hey princess!" Lincoln says and hugs Hailey. He hands her lunch box to her and helps put her coat on. "Have a great day! Don't let anyone push you around, tell them not to mess you you cause I know you can kick there little butts" He says and kisses her cheek. I hear her giggling. I stand at the door and reach out my hand. "Let's go Hail. The bus will be here soon." She runs over and takes my hand. I look at him frowning and shaking my head.

    We wait outside at the stop sign for the bus. When it arrives I tell her I love her and let go of her tiny hand as she walks into the bus. I see her sit down and look out the window to me. She smiles and waves. I smile and wave back at her. I walk back to the house and grab my keys and phone. I run over and kiss Lincoln. "Don't forget your picking Hailey up today after school. She has ballet." I say as I run back outside to the car.

I get to work just in time. I run In and start my shift. Im back to doing day shifts because Hailey needs my help in the morning and I can't leave Lincoln alone at night. She has homework, ballet, she wants to play, she needs to eat. It's just more convenient to have the day shift. Lincoln's still working in his business and Clarke and Bellamy have kids. Aaliyah and Aiden. Aiden is a few months younger than Hailey, he's 8 and Aaliyah is 6 and a half. Then we have Raven, Raven has twins. Jacob and Joshua, they are 4 and a half years old. She divorced the father when they were a few months old and they share custody now. Lexa comes down a few times a month to visit and I've been on speaking terms with my father. When he came out of jail, he turned himself around. He cleaned himself up and hasn't had a drink in 30 years, he doesn't do drugs and he is actually very helpful and kind hearted. He volunteers at home centres and helps old people and kids. When Hailey was little, I was very hesitant to let my father see her. But eventually Lincoln and Bellamy convinced me. And Hailey loves him. They are very close now.

After my shift, I drive back home, change out of my clothes, walk the dog and start supper.

     I'm in the kitchen finishing supper when I hear Chewy go crazy. The front door opens and I hear Lincoln and Hailey laughing. "Here give me your stuff and go give Mommy a hug." I hear Lincoln say to Hailey. I hear her little footsteps running over. I turn around bending down to hug her. "Hey! Did you have fun at dance?"