Ch. 11 Slumberparty

I'm helping Hailey pack her bag. She was in it's to a sleepover party at at one of her friends house. It's her first time sleeping out with out me or Lincoln. She's nervous and I'm nervous for her.

"Ok Hailey. Your going to have a good time. And if you wanna come home, you can always call us. Don't be scared to speak up if you want something." I say kneeling down to her. She nods. "Oh don't worry she'll be fine." Lincoln says walking over. "Ready to go peanut." He says graving the car keys. "Yep!" She smiles. "Bye sweetie." I hug her and stand up.

Lincoln drives her to her friend Maddie's house. "Bye daddy." She hugs him. "Bye baby girl." He smiles and hugs her tightly. He watches her run over to her friends and talks to the mother, Echo. "I'll come get her tomorrow morning." Lincoln says.

I'm sitting in the living room holding a glass of wine staring at the tv. I'm swirling the glass and staring at the black screen. I hear the door open and close again. I don't look back. Lincoln comes over and sits beside me. "She's ok O. She's having fun." He says rubbing my legs. "Yeah... your right." I say and put my glass down on the coffee table. He pulls me close and I snuggle into his chest.

I walk out of the bathroom and over to our room. Lincoln's laying down on his back closing his eye. I crawl over and straddle him. He opens his eyes and smiles at me. "You tired?" I smirk. "No." He says. "Liar" I frown and get off him laying the other way. I feel his warm hands move my hair. He gently starts kissing the back of my neck and my shoulders. I smile and turn around facing him. I lean in and he kisses me. He props up on his shoulder and continues kissing me more passionately. He grips my waist and I slide my toes up his legs. He pulls off my shirt and I climb up straddling him again.

I'm laying against Lincoln drawing circles on his stomach when my phone rings. It's 9:30. I reaches over and answer it.

I hang up and push him out of bed. "Woah! What was that for?!" He asks. "You have to get get Hailey. She wants to come home. Please go get her." I say sitting up. "Ok ok." He putts his pants on and grabs his shirt walking out.

     Lincoln drives to Harpers house and knocks on the door before walking in. The mother Echo, is standing in the front. Hailey runs over and jumps into his arms and starts crying. "Hey peanut. What's wrong." He asks picking her up rubbing her back. "I missed you." She sniffles. "Aww. It's ok we are so close to you. Your never alone." He says placing her down in front of him. "I miss my home." She says. He looks at her and smiles wiping her tears. "Your home. Is here." He points to her chest. She nods her head. "You sure you don't want to spend the night. I'll come get you early tomorrow morning." He tells her. "Well.. ok." She says. Lincoln smiles and pulls out her bunny from his coat. "I think Mr. bunny missed you." He says holding him out. "Ohh yes I did, I missed my Hailey." He mimics a squeaky voice and tickles Hailey with the bunny. She giggles. "Daddy stop It." She says in between giggles. Lincoln laughs and hands her the bunny. "Ok?" He asks. "Mhm." She smiles. He opens his arms wide and she hugs him. "Ok. Go back to your friends." He watches her run to them again. He stands up straight and looks at Echo. "Sorry about that." He says. "Oh no worries, It's her first sleepover." She smiles. "Im sure she'll feel better now." She says. "Yeah.. thanks a lot." Lincoln says and walks back to the car.

     I'm sitting at the kitchen petting Chewy when he comes back. "Where's my little baby?!" I stand up and walk over. "She's ok. She decided to stay" He says. "Oh my god are you sure. Echo said she was crying. I think she should be here." I start panicking. "Babe. Calm down, she's having fun she just got a little nervous. She's fine. I promise." He says cupping my cheeks. I sigh and look down. "It's her first sleepover. She will survive." He kisses my nose. "I know. Your right, I just don't want her to be scared." I say. "A little fear won't kill her, it'll make her stronger." He says. I nod my head.

      The next mourning we wake up and eat breakfast. We both get in the car and drive over to get Hailey. We knock on the door and walk inside. "Hello." Echo smiles and steps aside. "They're upstairs playing." She says. "Was she ok? Was she good." I ask. "After last night she was much better, I heard them giggling and playing, and she was very polite." I smile when she says this. "Harper! Hailey's parents are here!" She yells for them. Hailey comes running down the stairs and hugs me. I squeeze her and smile. "Hey peanut, you have fun?" I ask. "Yeah." She smiles. "Say thank you to Harper and her mom." Lincoln says. "Thank you." She says quietly. "It was so much fun having you. Come back soon." Echo smiles and lets us out.