Ch. 3 Disfunctional Family

I wake up to a small foot in My face. "Huh?" I rub my eyes and sit up. Hailey's laying upside down in between Lincoln and I. Lincoln wakes up and looks at Hailey. "Where did this little body come from." He tickles Hailey's feet. She squiggles and slowly wakes up. "Hey there peanut." I smile at her. "Whatcha doing in here." Lincoln questions. She sits up. "I had a bad dream." She says playing with the sheets. "Aww don't worry. They're just dreams. Not real." I say lifting her head up and kissing it. She nods and Lincoln scoops her up.

    "Don't drop me!" Hailey giggles as he gets out of bed. "Me?! I'm strong" he says. I look at Hailey and squint. "Your strong huh?" I say and  jump on his back. "Ouff." He uses one hand to hold Hailey and the other to hold me from the back. "Yep. So strong. I won't let you guys fall." He says and walks out of the room. I lean my head on his back and look at Hailey. She stares at me and reaches her hand out to my eye lashes. "What" I smile. "Your pretty mommy." She says. I smile and kiss her tiny hand. "Thanks baby. But not as pretty as you"

      After breakfast, I'm down stairs cleaning up while Lincoln and Hailey are upstairs getting ready to go to the beach. "Come on Chewy!" I pat my legs and grab his leash. I bring him for a quick walk and stop at the mail box. I get back home and walk up stairs to Hailey's room. "What colour elastic do you want." Lincoln asks holding the ends of her hair. "Purple." She holds up a small purple band. "Oki doki. There we go, all done."  He says. "Better than Mommy's" he chuckles. "Hey I'm not that bad!" I say frowning leaning against the door frame. "Ehmmmm." Lincoln looks at me. Hailey giggles. "Wow thanks guys. " I walk over to them. "Ok are you guys ready to go" I ask. "Mhm." Hailey jumps up in my arms. "Ok let's go." We walk out to the car and I buckle Hailey in. We drive down to the beach and find a nice place on the sand.

          "Hails come here. I need to put sunscreen on you." I say and Hailey runs over. Bellamy and Clarke walk over to us with the kids. "Hey!" Clarke says putting all the stuff down. "Hey is Raven coming?" I ask. "Yeah she should be here soon." Bellamy answers.

Raven shows up with the boys and she is getting them ready with hats, bathing suits and sunscreen. Clarke's sitting on a towel reading. Bellamy is out in the water playing with Aaliyah, Aiden and Hailey. I'm sitting in the waves with Lincoln. We are watching Bellamy play with the kids. They start walking back over to us. Lincoln stands up and walks to them while I stay sitting in the sand holding up my hand to block the sun. The kids start climbing on Lincoln when all of a sudden I get pulled into the water. I start screaming in pain, a stinging sharp stabbing pain all over my belly and thigh. Im held under the water trying to move. Just then someone pulls me out of the water. I'm still frantically crying and screaming. "Shh O. It's ok." I feel Bellamy holding me. He runs over to the sand where Raven and Clarke are sitting. I look back and see everyone watching. Lincoln's near the water trying to calm down the kids. Aaliyah and Hailey are hysterically crying and Aiden's looking confused. Bellamy lays me down on a chair. I hear Clarke gasp and she leans over me. "What was it?!" She asks. "Those are jellyfish stings but she shouldn't be all red and swollen." Raven says coming over. "Yeah she's allergic to jelly fish." Bellamy says. Everyone's talking so fast and so loud. "Bell...Bellamy." I try to grab his hand. "I don't feel well." I say and pass out.

Bellamy crouches down gently hitting my face. "Octavia. O?" He tries to wake me up. Lincoln walks over with all the kids finally calmed down. "I'll get an ambulance." Clarke says. As soon as she said that Hailey started to panic again. "Mommy! Mommy!" She started screaming. Lincoln held her back. "Hailey. Hails! She gonna be ok." He told her. She was screaming and cry. "Here Linc. Hailey come with auntie... we are gonna go get something to eat while we wait for mommy." She pulled Hailey over picking her up. "It's ok. Mommy just doesn't feel well." She tells her and looks back at Lincoln. He mouths thank you and kneels down to Me. "Come on guys. Let's go wait for them over here." Raven says bringing the kids over to the food bar.

      A bunch of medics come over and poured rubbing alcohol on my stomach and legs. I have tears streaming down my face because of the pain. I see Lincoln kneeling down beside me. "Does it hurt." He asks wiping my tears. I nod my head and flinch quickly from the burn. "It's ok. It's gonna feel better soon." He says brushing my hair back. I nod and smile lightly. After rinsing my body in alcohol, they check my blood pressure, heart rate and finger pulse. "She may have some black outs, dizziness, vomiting, nausea, he swelling should go down but the rashes will take some time. Take Advil to ease the pain, and pour acid on her everyday for 3 days." They tell Bellamy and all of us.

      Raven comes back with all the kids. Hailey comes over and hugs me. "Hey peanut." I whisper in her ear. "Are you ok." She asks still squeezing me. "Yes, Im ok." I smile and look at her.