일 | 1

[Your p.o.v]
I woke up to the sound of birds chirping and muffled shouts.
Another normal day. I thought.

My names Nam Minri. I'm 12 years old but I turn 13 on May 6th!
(I'm counting in American age)

I live in Toronto, Ontario which is in Canada. I'm 1/4 filipino and the rest is korean. Luckily I am fluent in both languages. Aside from that I'm just a normal 12 year old struggling in the 7th grade.

Surprisingly it was pretty quiet in the house maybe mom and dad were in the office.

I freshened up and picked out an outfit for school. I looked at the time 7:30 woah I'm early, I guess I can have breakfast today.

I was on the way downstairs, on my way I then hear muffled shouts from the door. I look to the side and it was coming from my dads office.

I thought it would've been quiet but nope that would happen in like 1000 years. Anyways im not surprised to see my parents fighting......again.
I sighed continuing to make my way downstairs.

I made some Nutella sat down and went on my phone.
I was scrolling through Instagram which was just full of kpop idols anyways. I got carried away because when I looked back at the time it was 7:55!!!

I put my dishes in the sink and ran out the door.

(Skip school cuz it doesn't matter rn)

Class was done and my older brother came to bring me home.
"Minri! Over here!" JooHyuk screamed. (Ik he's not filipino but just go with it)
"Oh hi oppa."I replied
"Let's go?" He said
I nodded and we went in his car.

When we got home my brother said he was going to hang out with some friends so he just dropped me off.

I unlocked my door, walked into a crime scene.
Everything was scattered around the floor. I just sighed and walked up to my room.
I look in my room to see a suitcase and everything is packed away in boxes.

I ran to my brothers room to see the same.
And my parents room to only see my moms things packed.

I was going to call my mom but I heard shouting in my dads office again. I walked in and I've had enough.

"ENOUGH. CANT YOU SEE ME AND OPPA ARE STRUGGLING WITH YOU GUYS FIGHTING? DAD ME MOM AND OPPA ALREADY KNOW YOU ARENT HOME ON THE WEEKENDS BECAUSE YOU ARE OUT WITH ANOTHER "Co-Worker" SO I THINK IT WOULD BE BEST IF YOU JUST LEFT US ALL ALRIGHT LEAVE US ALONE" I screamed with tears forming in my eyes.

My dad slowly looked up at me.
"I don't care but this is my house so you guys can leave alrighty then? I already signed the papers but your mother here is refusing." He replied

I looked at my mom with a why won't you look

"I don't want to ruin you and joohyuks life I want you to have a complete family" she sobbed out her words. I embraced her and whispered in her ear
"it's ok mom lets just get away from dad somewhere far far away"
My mom signed the papers and it was final.

My dad wanted us out ASAP so we got our bags and joohyuks. Put them in my moms car and drove off to joohyuks friends.

/12:00 am/
We explained everything to JooHyuk and he just took it in and ranted about how we should've left dad long ago.

JooHyuk told his friend about our situation and thankfully he let us stay for now.

I was about to go to sleep but I see my mom on her laptop and phone at the same time. I look over secretly and see
"COMPLETE PURCHASE 3 ECONOMY TO INCHEON FROM PEARSON"
I the. Eavesdrop
"Alright thank you mom see you then bye love you" my mom then hung up.
I went to sleep overthinking about what will happen in the next few days.