Chapter Two.

Jhené:

I ran my fingers through her dark brown dreads and she pushed  my hand away.

"Nah, I'm sexy." A loud laugh made its way up my throat as she pouted cutely.

"Awe. Fine, whatever you say." I giggled light and held out my hand. "I'm Jhené, Jhené Aiko." She smiled charmingly and took my hand.

"Jasmine, Jasmine Lopez. But call me Jay." Her eyes met mine and I froze.

"Jay." I repeated, loving the way her name just rolled off my tongue. "I like it." Her face turned a scarlet red and I giggled once again. It was normal for the students that I were around to become flustered talking to me. It was an ego booster, honestly. But sometimes I hated all the attention.

"Alright. Can you help me put this up?" The pink and white polka dotted banner hung limply from my hands as I smiled at her. She looked down when our eyes met and stuttered out a nervous 'yes'. I smiled wide. It was weird seeing such a masculine female, or stud, acting so nervous and flustered. But at the same time it was the cutest thing I'd ever seen. I climbed up on the chair as she came behind me and grabbed my waist keeping me steady. I stood on my tippy toes and guided the banner to the correct position before stapling it into place. I had just finished putting it up when I lost my balance. I shut my eyes tight preparing for myself for the pain.

Strong arms wrapped around my body just before I hit the ground. I opened my eyes to come face to face with her. She helped me stand correctly and smiled shyly at me. Our eyes met as we had a mini- staring contest. I could fill heat spread from my neck all the way to my cheek bones; both from embarrassment and attraction. The thoughts swam my head until the bell for second period rang, interrupting our peaceful silence.

She looked away and rushed towards her desk, picked up her bag, and left the classroom with a word. My eyebrows scrunched together in confusion, but I couldn't focus on my thoughts long as students came rushing into the classroom. Chatter of the deafening students filled my ears, giving me an instant headache.

                  "Students." I calmly stated, trying to catch their attention. "Hello..." I waved my hands before I started to get frustrated.

                  "Sit down, now!!" My voice boomed through the classroom, and they immediately scampered to any seat available. Scared and frighten eyes stared upon me as I smiled sweetly.

                  "I'm Mrs. Aiko." I swayed my hips lightly as I walked to the board. I could feel the eyes of multiple people zeroed in on my ass. I rolled my eyes in annoyance and began writing my name on the board.

                  "I love your handwriting." A beautiful blonde girl with big, bulky glasses walked up to me and set a small container on my desk. "Here are some chocolate chip cookies. My mom made this fresh early this morning." I quirked an eyebrow at her and smiled.

                  "Thank you for the cookies. But since you seem like the teachers' pet of the bunch, I'm gonna let you know right now; I don't have a favorite and I absolutely despise ass kissers." The class gasped at my use of vocabulary and I smirked. "So if you think baking me cookies, or bringing me an apple or two is gonna help your grade/how I feel about you then you might as well take your cookies and shove 'em. Okay?" The room was silent until the students broke out in laughter. The blonde's face showed anger and embarrassment as she stomped furiously back to her desk. I hated being the 'bitchy' teacher, but I refused to allow students' to walk all over me as I did back at the old school I used to work at.

                  "Now, let's get started, shall we?" I asked as I began my lesson on Rhetorical Appeals.

----

The bell rang for lunch and some of my students raced out the classroom while a few hung back, crowded around my desk. The room silenced as they all stared at me. The girl's had a look of admiration in their eyes, which I thoroughly appreciated, while the boys' had a look of hunger and lust. I cringed discreetly but smiled through my disgust.

                  "May I help you?" That immediately broke the silence as everyone began to speak at once. I rolled my eyes in annoyance as I held up my hand to silence them, in which they obeyed.

                  "Listen, unless this has something to do with education or the lesson I just taught, I would appreciate it if you all go find something useful to do. I don't mean to be rude but I'm very hungry and I have a migraine. Now, if you'll excuse me." The look of disappointment spread through the students' faces like a wildfire as I stood and proceeded to exit the classroom. I breathed a quick sigh of relief when no one followed me and made my way to the cafeteria. Hopefully that had good food because unfortunately I had forgot to pack my lunch.

The students' in the cafeteria were loud and rowdy, which was perfectly fine with me, along as I could get some time away from my little 'fan club'. I slowly made my way to the lunch line until I saw students' crowded around a specific lunch table. I slowed my pace and craned my neck to see a slutty looking girl sitting on Jasmine's lap. My stomach twisted in jealousy and I mentally smacked myself. When Jasmine had left out the classroom earlier in such a rush, I realized that the way we were acting towards one another was highly unacceptable and it needed to stop. In all honesty, if I said I wasn't flirting with the girl, I would be lying to myself. Of course it was wrong for me to think of her in that way, no matter the circumstances but I couldn't help but to feel an attraction to her. It wasn't just her beauty, but it was the way she carried herself, her personality. The way she was shy and nervous, yet she could be cocky and charming drove me crazy. It was insane for me to feel such a way when we had only met just a few hours ago but from the hour we had spent together, she had caught my attention in more ways than one. I sighed and turned walking out of the lunchroom. Suddenly I wasn't so hungry.