Epilogue.

Epilogue:

Her long, silky brown hair blew gently in the wind as she walked along the empty beach.

"Wow..." The shutter of a camera filled her ears as she turned to her intrigued lover.

"Jay!" The dread head smirked at the woman's shyness. The brunette hid her face as she turned towards the beautiful, ocean view. The dread head walked towards the woman, allowing the camera to hang from the strap that was wrapped around her neck. She pulled the brunette into her open arms as they both stared into the sunset that shimmered against the clear, light blue water.

"This is insane." The brunette woman turned in her princes' arms, wanting to see her beautiful face.

"What?" Jay's eyes drifted down to meet Jhenés as she began to stroke the shorter woman's cheek.

"This. Us. Jhené we're in Miami, walking along the beach, kissing, touching. It's just crazy to me. Four years. It's been four years since we ran away together. Four years since you became a professor in New York. Six months since I graduated from college. Two months since we moved here. It's just amazing to me how fast time has gone. It's amazing how it feels like, just yesterday, I was trying to get you to give me a chance and now we're living in a penthouse in Miami, Florida." She unwrapped her arms from the silent woman as she walked backwards.

"I never in my life, thought that I would ever end up here. I never thought I would end up being a successful photographer. I never thought I would be 'actually' be living in Miami. I never thought that everything I had planned for could be ripped away from me and forced out of my control." The brunette's face slowly shifted from happiness to sadness in a matter of seconds. She had never planned to send the dread head's life spiraling out of control but she also never planned to feel the way she did for the younger woman. Throughout the months, it had been kind of different. There were more problems than usual, more fights, more crying, and the brunette was slowly beginning to feel as though the younger woman was slowly falling out of love with her and it terrified her.

"W-what are you saying?" The older woman's voice broke. She couldn't bare the thought of Jay leaving her. Even though they had, had some rough patches, the dread head had promised the brunette that she wouldn't allow that to come between them... Her stomach churned as she thought of the fact that the woman she loved with every part of her being could have changed her mind.

The younger woman's face went stone cold as she slowly began to walk towards the brunette.

"You should know what it means, Jhené. You know me more than anybody. What do you think it means?" Jhené bit her lip in anger and fright.

"I-I don't—" The older woman turned away from her, not wanting her to see the tears, not wanting to her to know just how much the brunette needed her.

"It's over?" Her voice drifted off. The brunette knew she was right, but that didn't mean that she was ready for the dread head to agree with her statement. The taller woman stared down at her lover as the laughter bubbled up from the pit up her stomach. She grabbed her torso as she doubled over with laughter.

"W-What? Babe!" She grabbed the woman's arm in order to hold herself up as her deep laugh filled the air that washed over the silent breach. She looked up at the brunette to see that she was absolutely serious, and not only that but tears were streaming viciously down her face.

"N-no! Jhené! It's definitely not over! W-Where is this coming from?" The brunette immediately fell into her lovers embrace as the tears continued to fall.

"The fights, the arguments. Everything! I—Y-you don't love me anymore. I-I understand that you don't but I-I can f-fix it. P-Please..." The older woman broke down even more as Jay held her tighter.

"No! Baby..." She lifted the shorter woman's head up; allowing Jhenés eyes to met hers. "Of course we're going to have arguments and fights, but that doesn't mean that I'm leaving you. I've spent four amazing years with you; the woman I love. I'm exactly where I want to be. Why would I leave when everything is finally starting to fall into place?" She shook her head at the older woman's foolishness. "You changed my life drastically. But if I could go back, I wouldn't change a damn thing. In fact, there's actually something I've been wanting to ask you." Jhené wiped her tears, which was pointless as she watched Jay drop to one knee, causing more tears to fall.

"O-Oh my god..." Jhené body began to shake with excitement as Jay pulled a small box from her back pocket.

"Jhené Aiko Efuru Chilombo," She paused and chuckled as Jhené scowled gently at her. "Will you do me the honor of becoming my wife?" She stood frozen in place. She couldn't believe it. They had always talked about marriage but she never thought that one day Jay would actually propose to her.

"No." Jay's heart dropped to her stomach. She bit her lip in pain as her eyes filled with unshed tears.

"Not before you kiss me." A smile overtook the dread heads face as she took the woman in her arms. She smashed their lips together, swinging the shorter woman around, the older woman's hair swinging in the wind. She pulled away, and placed her on the ground, sliding the wedding ring on to the woman's finger.

"I love you."

"I love you, more."

And that is where their journey continued on, on the path of undeniable love.

THE END.

Finally , I'm finished . I'm so , so , so sorry that I took so long to write this but I've been really busy. I thought the summer would be easier.. -Sighs- Anyways , I'm finally free to write as much as I want so I will be starting a new book that a friend of mine gave me priviledge to. She came up with the plot & I'm writing it for her. So stayed turned to our new book. ;* Much Love . Until next time ... ;)